Ribblr of the week: say hello to Hannah! 🏅(aka @yarnandnotes)

Say hello to Hannah (@Yarnandnotes) the designer behind YarnandNotes, and our Ribblr of the week!

Hi Hannah! Tell us a little about yourself :wave:
Hi! I am a crocheter and pattern maker from Brighton in the UK. My designs are inspired by my favourite animations and nature. Crochet makes me feel at peace and I love the feeling of finishing a project.

So when did you start crafting and how?
I have crocheted on and off since I was little but I really got into creating and designing my own patterns during the lockdown in 2019!

And how did you start designing?
I was inspired to start by a friend who also designs and creates crochet. I started by following youtube tutorials but I quickly began to create my own patterns.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
Crochet! I managed to get the hang of it quickly and you can make absolutely anything! I love the styles and freedom of crochet.

What was the longest project you worked on?
The longest project of mine was my Sunset Jumper. I had to restart it so many times and used a smaller stitch and hook.

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
A lighter holder that was inspired by the night sky.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :sweat_smile:
Currently, I am working on a netted floral skirt to match a crop top I made a few weeks ago. I honestly don’t know how many projects I have going on but at least 5+.

What is your most recent design?
I just release Soot Sprite Bucket Hat. Check it out!

What is your usual process of designing?
A lot of the time I just wing it. I am pretty good at pulling ideas out of my head and love working things out as I go along. I find whenever I plan too much I start to lose interest! However, I’ve been known to do a little sketch of my ideas here and there.

And what inspires you to create & design?
I take a lot of inspiration from nature, my favourite animations and things I see out and about. However, I often create because I want to add to my personal wardrobe and I can’t find anything I like anywhere else that is sustainable and slow fashion.

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
I can’t say I have a favorite song, as my music taste is all over the place. However, I love My Days by Naaman and Soom T, Losing my religion by REM and anything Gorillaz or Amy Whinehouse. My favourite books of all time are the Harry Potter books, it’s the nostalgia for me. However, the Patrick Rothfuss book The Name of The Wind is amazing - I love fantasy.

We’d love to know -w hat is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
The Ribbuild feature has been a lifesaver!

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr!
Made by Molly! I helped test her Long sleeved Sweetheart top and I’m in love with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing Hannah! :purple_heart:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out YarnandNotes shop now​:point_down:

23 Likes

6 Likes

No judging here but the 'maybe 5+ wips 'was a bit funny​:face_with_hand_over_mouth::grin: thats actually great…:yellow_heart:

5 Likes

I’ve never met anyone else who has even heard of The Name of the Wind. Those books are masterpieces. I can’t wait for the third to release!

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Ribblr of the week: say hello to Hannah! :medal_sports:(aka @yarnandnotes):
Congratulations

2 Likes

Yay! congrats!

3 Likes