Ribblr of the week: Say hello to Tiffany! 🏅

This week, we are excited to feature Tiffany (@typicalbliss) of Typical Bliss as our Ribblr of the week!

Hi Tiffany! Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Tiffany! I am currently a pattern designer and knitting content creator. I make videos on YouTube and you can catch me on Instagram, Twitch, my discord server and more. I love knitting and crocheting but I definitely want to branch out into more crafts like sewing and jewelry making, just to name a few. I love fashion and I love that knitting has allowed me to create personalized, unique and fun designs for myself and to share with others!

When did you start crafting and how?
I started knitting back in primary school when I was around 10-11. There was a supervision aid that created a small knitting group of about 4-5 of us and brought all the materials to teach us. She would always keep the pieces we were working on and I would get so excited every week to keep going.

And how did you start designing?
I just saw some yarn one day and thought that it would look amazing as an intarsia sweater, but I couldn’t find the pattern anywhere. I don’t know what got over me, but I had to do it. With a little search on YouTube, it just kinda happened.

What inspires you to create/design?
I definitely get inspiration from instagram and pinterest. They are great for collecting images on boards and creating a certain vibe you are looking for in a piece.

What were the longest and shortest projects you ever worked on?
I made knitted pants for the first time and it took me over 2 months to make it. There was no reason for it to take that long but 2x2 ribbing can get boring really fast if you have knit 70cm of it.
The shortest project I have done probably took me an hour maybe? I was knitting hats as Christmas gifts with the chunkiest yarn ever.

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
I am the most proud of my cloud sweater! The pattern is available on Ribblr! It just makes me so happy to look at and seeing everyone’s versions of it is so surreal.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
I don’t know why but I am obsessed with knitting right now. I think as a kid, I could only make scarves and hats but now knowing all the possibilities of what you can knit, I can’t stop wanting to make more.

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
I have been listening to the sneak peek for Billie Eillish’s new album on repeat yet it’s only a few words. I am so excited, I already know I’m going to love everything.

Share a funny or interesting story that happened to you recently!
Nothing super funny happens to me haha, but probably the most recent thing is this whole YouTube channel I have. I just can’t believe I am making content and people want to watch me along my journey but I am super grateful.

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
I love that you can cross off a section that you finished and select your correct size. I lose my spot in a pattern very easily and having all the numbers of stitches for every size can get disorienting.

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
Check out The Knit Edit! She was one of the first knitters I started following when I picked up knitting more seriously and her colourwork is out of this world.

Thank you for sharing Tiffany! :purple_heart:

Check out Typical Bliss shop:

You can find all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge🏅)

Questions and/or compliments for Tiffany? Share them below! :point_down:

11 Likes