Ribblr of the week: Say hola to Manu!🏅

Say hello and hola to Manu @MimosTejidosArtesanales - our Ribblr of the week! :purple_heart:

Scroll down to read our short interview with Manu :point_down:

82e812a2ce1b8c43c2483e86abd4fb97e5fafb58_2_236x500

Hi Manu! Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi! I’m Manu from Argentina and I always have too many WIPs on the go. My favourite color is grey, because it goes well with every other color I can think of. I like to pair it up with pastel colors, bright colors, anything goes! Although lately I find myself gravitating towards earthy tones, being surrounded by the countryside has really inspired me.

What is your favorite type of craft and why?
I love to crochet and I love to knit, but if I had to pick just one I would go with knitting, because it relaxes me the most. I find the rhythm of the needles so soothing and peaceful.

We can definitely relate. When did you start crafting and how?
I remember my grandmother knitting every evening… it is a childhood memory that I cherish. Sadly, she didn’t get to teach me the craft but later on came the internet, YouTube, and Blogs, and I started dabbling on the amazing world of yarns and fibers, it’s been years and it still amazes me.

What was the longest project you worked on?
A queen size blanket for myself, it was made out of 25 big loom weaved squares joined and adorned with crochet. It took forever, well, just 2 years actually but sometimes it felt like WIP I was never going to finish it.

That’s impressive! How about the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
Tiny wine charms!! They’re just so easy and take next to nothing to make. I’ve made tons in every possible color as gifts. I also use them as keychains and cable organizers :wink: You can find the free pattern here if you want to give some use to those scraps of yarn I’m sure you have.

Which of your makes are you most proud of?
The amigurumi I’m the most proud of is the Alice in Wonderland White Rabbit, because it is an amazing pattern from a great designer (@demi_parati_crochet) and it is by far the pattern testing where I feel I contributed the most.

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
I enjoy listening to music, Passenger has become my go to crafting companion. On another note, if anyone is willing to put up with Spanish I highly recommend La Otra Mirada, a series set in the 1920s but dealing with prevailing situations through the eyes of very different characters.

And how about a funny story?
I asked my dog to close the counter door for me, she did so with so much energy and enthusiasm that the door flung back. The funniest thing about the whole thing was the puzzled look she gave me, I could totally read “this thing is broken, you should fix it” in her face. Obviously I bust up laughing.

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
I absolutely love that you can set your preference for language and units, no more fiddling with conversion tables…

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
Allison from @ClairDeLuneFiberArt because her French Braid Beanie, that’s currently being tested is gorgeous. Also Marjan from @Millionbellscrochet because the colourful amigurumis she designs are absolute perfection.

Thank you for sharing Manu!

Check out Manu’s shop below - and add @MimosTejidosArtesanales to your friend’s list.

Want more? Check out our previous Ribblr of the week posts!

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus win our special Ribblr of the week gold badge🏅)

Show your love in the comments below :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

That’s hilarious. :joy: Nice to learn more about you Manu!

2 Likes

Nice to meet you, and thanks for telling us about this pattern. I need them.
Marilyn

2 Likes

So great to hear about you Manu!
I completely agree about the color Grey! It’s just so versatile and it goes along with every color!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Nice to meet you too Marilyn.
So glad to hear it, hope you make tons of them, they’re really useful!

2 Likes

Right? It makes everything more wearable! you can even mix it with neon colors, or use every color of the rainbow :rainbow: and tone it down with grey (just to not blind the neighbors you know?
It is totally ok to not tone anything down too if that’s what you like… but for me, although I love colors, I’m just not comfortable wearing the hole rainbow from head to toes; and grey is my go to basic (since black makes everything just pop brighter and is also harder to knit/crochet with :wink:)

2 Likes

I can’t agree more!!

Grey is also great to wear if you want to put on some colourful accessories!

1 Like

Hola Manu ! So nice to read about you in Ribblr of the week ! Sorry for my late reply though.

I love your wine charms, they are cute and handy too ! :+1: :slight_smile:

Thanks for your nice words and compliments about my designs. :heart:

2 Likes

Nice to hear from you Marjan, it’s never too late to say Hi, I think.

Glad you found the tiny wine charms useful. If anyone asks, I don’t have yarn scraps, almost all of them end up there :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m going to try to make one! I’m still at a stage where everything is difficult for me, but I like the challenge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:slight_smile:
I think your wine charms will make nice earrings as well !

1 Like

Ooooh, that might be a nice little project to try ! And I’m sure you have help near by. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s true! That would be cute, unless you have a baby in your arms, then I don’t recommend it at all, tiny crochet balls hanging of your ears might become a (painful for you) toy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That would be a good place to start, it is a project I recommend for absolute beginners that would like to start making amigurumis. You can practice starting with a magic ring, doing increases, crocheting in the round, invisible decreases… all in one tiny project.
If your first little balls come out a bit wonky it’s no big deal :wink:
I actually have a YouTube video to guide you through this particular project, but it’s in spanish… if english subtitles is something you would be interested on let me know and I’ll try to find the time to write them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think (or rather -hope) that the written instructions plus just watching the video will be enough :slight_smile:

1 Like