Ribbuild suggestion

Donā€™t get sick of me @Ribblr , but I have another suggestion for ribbuild. :wink:

In the beginning of the patterns, you have a space for gauge to be filled in.

Could you add a check mark / picture for right or left? I donā€™t even know how to word this so help may be needed. My ā€œissueā€ is that I have been making @letodolls for a long time. When Maria says to do the right sleeve, I know that it is the same as our right sleeve would be. So, if I am facing the doll, her right would be on my left. Does that make sense? Anyway, a lot of patterns are the opposite, not all though. So I struggle with trying to figure out which way they mean. If there was an easy way to mark that, maybe it would get added when needed. Maybe?

Designers, maybe you could start adding that in, until my favorite app ever fixes it for us. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I understandā€¦ But I want to

4 Likes

Haha. Sorry. Letā€™s say your pattern has a pocket on the right side only. Which side is that? Pocket number 1? Or pocket number 2?

4 Likes

I would say pocket 1, but thatā€™s just me.

4 Likes

Ah, yes, I specify those thingsā€¦
So letā€™s say you have made a shirt front, I will name the sections ā€œleft frontā€. Or ā€œright frontā€ not ā€œrepeat all steps reversing shaping for other sideā€ so the pocket would go on ā€œleft frontā€ piece using punctuation to define it as a previously named section

4 Likes

But would it be on pocket 1 or 2? :joy:

My guess with my picture is left front would be pocket 2.

5 Likes

Agreed, shirt left, not your left

5 Likes

So far we all agree! Yay. :tada:

5 Likes

I think this is something that should be clarified by the designer in text. And I also agree with you both on number 2 being the left pocket :+1:

4 Likes

hi
I agree also, the doll mirrors a human body, so the dollā€™s left side is like the left side of a person. but adding a note by the designer, as suggested by Marilyn and others, I think would help.

2 Likes

I like to add pictures when I specify if something goes to the left of the right for clarification. But it would be a great feature!

3 Likes