Safety Eyes

Hi, I’m very new to crochet and crafting generally so I’m sorry if this sounds like a stupid question!

My pattern mentions “size 10” safety eyes. Would this be the same thing as 10mm safety eyes? All the safety eyes I’m seeing in online shops are sold by size in millimeters.

Thank you

11 Likes

Ohh that’s a good question. Sorry I don’t have an answer, but want to help keep this towards the top so you’ll get an answer
Also welcome to Ribblr!!

4 Likes

If I saw that in a pattern my assumption would be to use 10mm eyes. I have no idea if they mean something different.

It doesn’t have to be done perfect to the pattern if you like or want bigger or smaller eyes, or just don’t have the size you could always use a different size.

Especially when it comes to eyes I’ve seen people use all kinds of things, seems to be where people get most creative.

8 Likes

I think it would be, honestly though you can use any size (or anything) you wanted to, usually I give my amigurumi dolls a slightly bigger size than what they say since I like how cute it looks lol

4 Likes

Hi! Most crochet patterns I have done usually use Mm for sizing. So I assume that’s what they mean. :hugs:

4 Likes

this is an interesting website about those eyes. What size are my craft eyes? - Shiny Happy World

5 Likes

Yes it would be the same as 10mm it’s weird that a designer would say size 10.
Hmmm as a designer myself I always include mm maybe it’s a typo that no one caught.

4 Likes

I would agree exactly with @CosmikEluminatedC ; safety eyes are usually mm :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think usually that is what it means. Are you able to contact the designer/creator of the pattern?

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! I’ve bought a pack of lots of different size eyes so I will see what I like the look of best. As you all say it’s more personal preference anyway. Thanks for all your help :relaxed:

4 Likes