Saint Patrick’s Day

16 Likes

Omg i LOVE this!

4 Likes

:joy::green_heart::joy::green_heart::joy::green_heart::joy::green_heart::joy::green_heart::joy::green_heart::joy::green_heart:

4 Likes

Indecent exposure Kermit :rofl:

5 Likes

Nope

3 Likes

St Patrick’s Day is one of those holidays I’m not down with

2 Likes

I just like the food. And you can make that anytime!

3 Likes

Because of all the snake killing?

2 Likes

Why not? Just curious.

1 Like

2 Likes

This is too funny!
I do wear green (when i remember!) But thats as far as i go :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

first off, I have a debilitating phobia of the legless lizards , even pictures or the word.(no, it is not funny for anyone reading this) (not you, personally, anyone else reading it) Just wanted to get that out of the way… doesn’t have much to do with the holiday.
That is a very specific holiday to celebrate a very specific event that has little to do with the majority of the world. I am not Irish. It is not my holiday. The pinching of a stranger in public or a coworker/classmate is assault. Doing it without understanding the history or origins makes a person loathsome.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry for your fear, I’ll avoid mentioning in future.
As a Scot, we don’t have the “wear green or get assaulted” stuff.
I have always wondered why St Patrick was a bid deal in US but St Andrew, St David and St George are overlooked(from everything I see)
Its also always been weird to me that Americans do bigger celebrations for it than the Irish do themselves.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this

4 Likes

you think that’s a big deal… Look up Cinco de Mayo and the Super Bowl…Americans will appropriate any reason to throw a party and get stupid drunk
And why St Patrick’s Day but not Mardi Gras? Never was there ever a more widely supported public Bacchanalia event!

5 Likes

I agree, the Saint Patrick’s day parade and festivities in Chicago is a big drunk fest.
Americans, any holiday will do, any tragedy will do-as excuse to get drunk.

3 Likes

Had to go get labs drawn again this week but decided to just wear my fuzzy dragonfly pants and sleep shirt. Fortunately there’s lots of different greens on my pants. Then came back to bed! Insomnia is real my friends. I finally fell asleep around 7:30am then had to get up 8:45! Ugh!

3 Likes

Oh! That stinks big time. I’ll refrain from offering any suggestions I’m sure you have heard them all.

1 Like

Tho genetics play a part, chronic pain is playing a bigger roll currently., even though I’m on 6 oxy/apap each day. Apparently I need surgery on both shoulders AND both hips. However, I’m also a kidney transplant patient and any surgery is a risk. Next month my dad and I celebrate our 10th kidniversary. The older the transplant the riskier surgeries are to it. Whatcha gonna?

2 Likes

Trust God, that’s what!

1 Like

I absolutely do. My name is Valori which means strong and courageous in the face of adversity. Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

2 Likes