Scary Friday the 13th makes?

Since today is Friday the 13th, let’s have some fun. I’m a person who loves to celebrate Friday the 13th in the spookiest way possible, and of course, Jason Voorhees :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone make anything cool last year(s) for this occasion? Any traditions you have? Anything fun planned? Supersticious maybe? I want to know :face_with_monocle:

Here’s a shawl I made specifically for that occasion last year

And here’s the Slasher cardi I made with the pattern from Altknots (the pattern’s available here on Ribblr!)

It’s super cozy and I wear it everyday!

16 Likes

Love your shawl, the colours are perfect

Working in mental health its my only day of the year I try not to work anymore. Staff are usually more of an issue than patients

6 Likes

Woah I wouldn’t have thought :open_mouth: what’s staff up to on such a day?

And thank you for your good work :heart: mental health workers deserve all the love!

3 Likes

Due to working in a prison environment too they tend to share stories of days gone by.
This then causes patients to believe the ward is haunted.
It just sets us off for a very unsettled dangerous day

I feel blessed to do the work I do especially in the environment. It can be so rewarding

4 Likes

Oh my, I can only imagine that being a triggering topic indeed!

2 Likes

These are amazing. What a fun thing to do :blush:

3 Likes

I can definitely see that as a problem!!

2 Likes

I don’t celebrate, this shit is just too real for me.

They look so comfy! I don’t really have any superstitions about the day or any traditions since it’s more like “ooo it’s Friday the 13! Spooky :smile:” I used to watch scary stuff daily (now more often than not I’m doing arts and craft, gaming or reading now lol) but my aunt loves horror movies! I actually made a little Jason Voorhees head for her last year, it’s not the best since I didn’t follow a pattern and just created my own, but I still love it :laughing:

4 Likes

Ohhhhh that’s so cute!

3 Likes

Thank you! It was made around early October I think, but I could be wrong lol :joy:

3 Likes