Scrap yarn ideas

The topic of scrap yarn came up a few times these days.
Shall we do a little idea collection, possibly with pattern links?

Also, maybe an idea for the scrap yarn haters:
You could offer to sell them or give them away?

I for one am always on the lookout, especially colorful ones. :blush:
I gladly buy them from you, or oay for shipping, or send you a shipping label,… :smiley:

I make little flower tags for my orders.

I just whipped this one up.
I can write a pattern, if anyone wants it?

20 Likes

All of the items in my shoppe are stashbuster projects, born out of necessity to be a good steward of my yarn, not be wasteful of what I have.

This is a lovely Autumn stashbuster, each piece is made separate, great for embellishing, earrings a fall pin, potholder. You make it you! The joy is in the making.

14 Likes

It’s beautiful :two_hearts::+1:t2::two_hearts:
And wonderful ideas :heavy_heart_exclamation:

10 Likes

ok that is so cute! you could make a pattern if you want to :purple_heart:
I’ve seen beanies or hats made from scrap yarn, also book markers, flowers etc

9 Likes

That flower is super cute! You should definitely make a pattern for that @CraftsbyNicB :grin:

8 Likes

Cool, will type one up tomorrow :smiley::heavy_heart_exclamation:

I’ll def do more with the magic knot / magic yarn balls. Beanies sounds like a brilliant idea! :smile:

9 Likes

Started some scrapyarn mittens :smiley:

They are actually pretty, but so hard to take a pic.
:joy:
I’ll take one when finished with mitten blockers outside :joy:

9 Likes

I have a pattern for sale (in my Ko-fi shop) that’s perfect for using up scraps!

10 Likes

Ohh I love your flower, it looks so cute with your packaging! :blossom:

I have a free heart pattern on my blog that’s perfect for small amounts of scrap yarn! Little Hearts ♡ Free Crochet Heart Pattern - Noelebelle Crochet

I’m definitely trying to upload it as a free pattern to my Ribblr shop asap! :purple_heart:

12 Likes

I use tiny scraps to stuff toys and bigger scraps go to many different tings, sometimes little hearts to add detail, sometimes little mini xmas stockings, sometimes scrappy blanket(making one of those now).

I recently saw someone making wonderfull different coloured pompoms with scraps and thearchend was spinning their scraps into new yarn :heart_eyes: how cool

8 Likes

Those are so cute :two_hearts:

7 Likes

I save my teeny timy scraps to card and soin one day :smiley::two_hearts::+1:t2:

6 Likes

I love scrap yarn projects!!! My granny square crochet bag pattern (flower power granny square bag: Crochet pattern | Ribblr) is great for using up bigger pieces of scrap yarn with a base yarn - I bought some cream yarn and all the other colours were scraps that needed used up!

10 Likes

Just freeformed a little Opuntia keychain as an add on gift for a plant trade :smiley:
Need improvements, but good to go for now :smiley:

9 Likes

I love it

6 Likes

Cute idea!

5 Likes

A few years ago I streamed on Twitch and my “stream joke” was that I have the memory of a goldfish, so when someone subscribed I would make a quick little fish in the color of their choice from my scraps and add a tah with their screenname and subscription date… This pic shows my first month of subs, but I did not have the screennames on for the pic since I posted to my IG…

6 Likes

Oh, so cool :smiley::two_hearts:

6 Likes

Just finished these.
Made magic balls with tiny scraps and winged the pattern :smiley:

If anyone is up for something like this, start a magic ball and we can maybe do a make along?

It would be more of a recipe (hence the MAL idea), than a real pattern, cause you’ll have to measure your own sizes.

6 Likes

Thanks for adding it to Ribblr, snagged it yesterday :smiley::two_hearts::smiley::heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes