Selling items made

A question on selling. Can a person sell the items they made from a pattern? Itā€™s some free patterns Iā€™ve had a made the items to sell. If not, thatā€™s ok.

2 Likes

I had this same question, and I contacted @Ribblr ! They said if it doesnā€™t specify on the pattern, then you should contact the designer :blush:

2 Likes

I think they should specify if you cannot. I bought a pattern once and saw after the fact they didnā€™t want me to. Not cool.

3 Likes

Exactly. Always best to ask the specific designer directly - you can do so right from within the pattern:

2 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™ll have to look. They are old patterns off the internet. I do have some that says you can sell what you make as long as you refer back to the designer.

3 Likes

I was looking for that information but didnā€™t see it. Thank you for posting it to me. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

even if the designer doesnā€™t mention referring to her/him in the design, itā€™s always polite to refer to their name as the designer to help keep their copy-rite.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m going to do. Out of respect for their time creating the pattern.

4 Likes