Service Project (Blanket help)

For a little context, in my service learning class, we have a service project that’s a huge part of our grade. My mom works in the ER and there’s kids that go in a lot, mostly foster (it’s really sad), my mom made a list of things that they need one of them being blankets. I decided that I’m going to make the blankets (crochet, hand knit etc), but I’ve only made one blanket before and that took longer than a month. I need a proficient way to make these blankets nice and fast, I don’t have a year, the deadline is February 1st. If any one knows a fast and easy way to make blankets with bernat baby blanket yarn (or just blanket yarn) please let me know.

21 Likes

I would just pace yourself, do like 15 rows a day as a goal, but do more if you can

Thats so sweet of you :heart:

I wish you the best of luck

8 Likes

Is there a specific type of blanket you need to make? Like could you do a granny square blanket?

5 Likes

No, nothing specific. And attic if you are meaning a granny square patch work that will take me a long time.

4 Likes

You could always use a sentro knitting machine and sew the squares together. Good luck!

5 Likes

I made a blanket with Bernat casa yarn (just as bunch of different types of yarn from Bernat brand) and used a granny spike stitch so I started the blanket from the middle and spread out, it worked up really fast, I think just having thick chunky yarn like bernat blanket yarn (slightly thicker than baby blanket) will help since it takes up more space faster, good luck!

5 Likes

no like a big granny square

4 Likes

im making one of those, except its a granny rectangle but still really similar to a square one

4 Likes

Oooo I’m making one with weight 4 yarn and I love it but it’s gonna take like a year to finish bc I never work on it​:skull:

5 Likes

LOL SAME- mine is stashed away, im like 1/3 done i wanna guess…

5 Likes

A blanket w.i.p I’m making calls for a row of half double crochets and it’s been my favorite row so far because it works up so fast! Maybe try a pattern of your own with just a bunch of hdc. Or if you have any fav stitch that you can work up quickly that might help! Good luck :grimacing:

3 Likes

Maybe you could make a quicker type of blanket, with less color changes and stuff?

3 Likes

I’d recommend using a large sized hook so the blankets work up faster. I’ve used a 15mm hook before with blanket yarn. Good luck!

3 Likes

Have a look at the solid granny square it looks great, easy to follow and grows quickly
Such a lovely thing to do

2 Likes