Sewing face on dolls

Hello.

I was wondering if there are any tips or videos that can help teach me how to embroider faces on my dolls and creations? I couldn’t load my failure at Harry Potter but would have given you a laugh or a :blush:

3 Likes

Hi!
The only faces I’ve embroidered have been very simple, for noses/eyes I use french knot (I know most people think it’s really hard but once you learn it it is pretty easy) and for something like whiskers I usually use like a simple straight stitch… so I use some basic embroidery stiches like the ones liseted above. You could also use cross stitch, some other things like that. For videos, I would probably just look up videos of embroidery stitches. I hope this helps! :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you that was very helpful :grin:

2 Likes

I’m so happy that helped! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :orange_heart: When I was embroidering faces I was thinking, “What stitches would be good for what I need and be the right shape and size? Would there be a stitch that works for this?” So I basically did what I think would look the best and be simple and easy to do :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I tried to look at the picture that was with it but only showed a done mouth and a part of the glasses.thank you again for your response :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That’s annoying! :frowning: I’m so glad I could help though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes