Share the best moments of your week! 😌

Looking after our physical and mental health is really important and one of the best ways to lift your mood is to reflect back on things you are grateful for, even small things that made your day just a bit more positive.

I’d love to know what made your week so let’s all share the best/happiest moments of this past week with each other!

I’ll go first.
This week I made some new animal friends! My neighbour has goats :goat: which are really cute and friendly. Maybe a little bit silly but I’m excited that the football (English one :soccer:) is back on finally.
And today I’m going to the cinema to watch Free Guy (with Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer) - I haven’t been to the cinema in ages so that’s exciting!

How about you?

7 Likes

The power/internet/phones were knocked out by a storm Tuesday. The utility companies said it would be Saturday before services were restored which would mean our client’s claims would not go out and their revenue would be disrupted. :worried: :fearful: Thankfully, internet came back on Thursday afternoon so all billing went out in time. Yeah! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :relaxed:

And I swatched for a new project during the down time on Wednesday. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh cool! What are you making?

1 Like

Aww goats are so cute!! :heart_eyes: that’s so cool that you were able to go to the cinema, it feels so good doing things we haven’t done in a while and it made me so happy when our local movie theaters opened back up! On Monday, I finally posted my Pablo the Panda pattern which really made my week!

3 Likes

Not much to speak of, but tomorrow’s a new day with new possibilities!

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Also just came back from the movies - 100% recommend watching Free Guy!

3 Likes

That’s a great perspective! I hope you have an amazing weekend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not the best of weeks - I lost my beloved Telemachus (one of two cats left) on Sunday and his brother, Odysseus, would not come out of my home office for a couple of days. But as blessings come after the pain, Odysseus is finally back to roaming around the house, chasing unseen kitty things, and joining me in the sitting room from time to time and I had wonderful friends and co-workers who helped me through the process on Sunday (the rest of my family is out of town until tomorrow). I did finish my first crochet blanket this week (granny stripe) and I started a shell stitch one. So, the week did not start out well at all but it will on a much better note.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your lost, losing our furry companions is really hard sometimes :pensive: but I’m glad to hear Odysseus is doing fun kitty things again! Congrats on finishing your first crochet blanket, that’s a big accomplishment!!

3 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss. It’s really inspiring how you still manage to see the positive things around you! That’s amazing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

We spent a couple days with some of our young granddaughters. (3,5,7) They had a lemonade stand in our yard. Very fun. But also very draining. Whew!

4 Likes

@YarnieBlonde i am so sorry for the lose of your pet, losing our pets (they are family to us) is very hard, i’ve lost a few ferrets and finally decided that i couldn’t handle the loses anymore and no longer have any fur babies. My son bought me a cockatiel because i live alone and he said i needed a pet, at Least cockatiels live longer than ferrets. Your other cat will be missing her friend too so give her some extra scritches, it will help you both.

3 Likes

Sounds awesome! Makes me thirsty :lemon:

1 Like

This also makes me quite happy! :point_down:

Thanks for sharing the love and liking my posts 1,000 times :slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Screenshot 2021-08-15 at 12.36.49

4 Likes

My best moment this week was definitely getting the yarn I’ve ordered to make 3 new original designs! I’m so excited to start working on them and to finally have my new ideas come to life! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for you loss!! :cry:

1 Like

found out yesterday one of two alpacas from my sons farm, who are still expecting, had her cria (baby alpaca) this last Thursday! A beautiful white male and he was two weeks early but weighs a whopping 19 lbs! will put a picture on my blog later tonight.

4 Likes

Awesome! New life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Odysseus has his own health issues so we’ve been watching him closely. He does miss his brother but he’s started to zoom around the house again and bring us beanie babies we toss around (the mighty hunter that he is). He has a heart condition so he’s on meds for it. But he’s doing well so I hope he’s with us for a while longer. I’ve had friends with cocktiels and parrots and they love it. The birds will learn the lyrics to their favorite songs and sometimes sing. It is nice to have a pet!

2 Likes

I lost my Odysseus love the Saturday before Thanksgiving. He had a blood clot. We rushed him to the emergency vet but there was nothing they could do. My husband and I were in Covid quarantine at the time so we could not be with him. I miss him very much.

We do have two new kitties, Herman (Melville) and Jane (Austen), but I still miss my boys. They were with us for over fifteen years and you don’t get over it quickly. I donated food to the shelter and decided to get a fur fix so we ended up with Herman. He had been at the shelter for ten weeks. The little sassy Jane meowed so much at me that we went back for her two days later. Jane had been there for seven weeks. It’s nice to have furry company again.

4 Likes