Shop backgrounds?

Im struggling with what background I should be shooting my shop pieces on. I have been using my bedspread, but I’ve noticed every picture is a little different due to lighting. Unfortunately, I don’t have a studio or somewhere to really get consitent lighting in my photos, so I dont know what to do!

• Keep the one you have! (My bedspread)
  • Grass
  • Digital- plain colors
  • Digital- custom background specific to the plush
  • Other, comment below
0 voters
5 Likes

Hmm, you could also try taking photos by the window to get some sunlight and test having the lamps on and off to see what looks better

4 Likes

My bed is right next to a window, but where i live the lighting is different every day with the clouds and stuff. I actually edit the photos for my shop the same way for each one, just to enhance the color but they’re always different :tired_face:

2 Likes

Natural lighting seems to work best for me.

4 Likes

I just got another idea! What if I made my dog Lola pose with them :joy:

3 Likes

I shoot mine against my flower bush, if u dont have any flowers or bushes then maybe take a walk up your street till you find some, at beggining of spring our bush hadnt flowered yet ao i walked to the local cemetary across from my house bcs there is a blossom tree there and i did the unicorn pattern on that x

3 Likes

Wow i never noticed how pretty your backgrounds were :heart_eyes: thanks for the idea

2 Likes

Awww thankyou so much, no problem x

2 Likes

I’ve spread a sheet on my front lawn before to use natural lighting. I also made my own photo box with a 3 sided project board. I bought stick on led lights for the sides and put a natural light over the top to shoot photos.

3 Likes

Wow! So fancy :sparkles:

2 Likes

i love flat lays, so as long as you always have natural light and a background that compliments & doesn’t take away from the piece, you’ll be good! id you decide to make yourself a flat lay board, i suggest using a big piece of cardboard and covering it with peel & stick wallpaper! mine is for my bookstagram and i ripped out pages from damaged book mail and taped them sporadically to the cardboard! i hope this helps! (:

2 Likes

Ooh sounds like such a vibe <3
I cant see your shop tho, if you have one here you might want to log out and then log back in so we can see it

1 Like

I go outside and do mine where my beehive is in the picture. It looks soo pretty where I do mine. For example:

I have more in my shop if you wanna go check it out

3 Likes

i simply rest my item on a chair and cover the back of the chair with a nice blanket :smiley:

2 Likes

For me I literally take my computer and open it to my background and put it on full screen. Or I go to a room with no windows and turn on the lights so the lighting is always the same

1 Like

I wish i had a computer :joy: I guess I could use my mom or dad’s XD

1 Like

Oop

1 Like