sketching out my crochet ideas

What are some good apps for sketching out my crochet ideas? I have an Android phone so procreate isn’t an option.

9 Likes

I use Krita on my Microsoft Surface but I think it does cost a one time fee to download.

8 Likes

I remember using Krita a while ago and at that point at least it was completely free, but now I’m not sure if they changed it or something

Also I really like just using pencil and a notebook/sketchbook to write down/sketch patterns, just a small one so it’s easy to take along if you go somewhere

8 Likes

Yes! I still like my good old fashioned sketchbook and pencils :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Ohh for phone apps, there’s this app called ibispaint, it’s free on iPhone so I think it should be free for Android as well

7 Likes

I have unsuccessfully used Evernote, but you might have better luck with that… I, like others have said, do better with pencil/paper (notebook)… Sometimes, once I have the sketch needed I’ll start taking pattern notes on my phone using Evernote (which if I wanted I could take a pic of my sketch to add to the note, but usually I like having pattern stuff in the notebook, so if I use phone for quick note taking, I’ll transfer to my physical notebook :woman_shrugging:t3:)

7 Likes

i just use old fashioned paper and sketch book lol. i kinda use procreate but i prefer paper and pencil

8 Likes