SolvedHelp flo/blo on same row/round

Hi, not sure how this works but I’ll give it a shot lol. How do I crochet in the back loops of previous rows? I haven’t been crocheting long and this is the first time I’ve stumbled across this.
/solved

6 Likes

Hi! So instead of using/passing your hook on both loops as you normally would, you only use the back ones. Here is a picture to show you what these look like. Also note some patterns show this as BLO (backloops only) and you can also find FLO (frontloops only)

7 Likes

Ribblr patterns have these tutorials built in

6 Likes

And I think you need to blank out the rest of the pattern
But your pattern has you crochet in the front loops with one color and back loops for the other color

6 Likes

Row 9 had you do the front loops only.
That left the back loop open, so now you go back down there and work in the back loop.

6 Likes

Okay. I saw them but I wasn’t sure that was it :skull: thanks so much.

5 Likes

you should probably delete the pattern picture now that you know. copyright and all.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m too late or someone already answered your question, but I’m pretty sure that in order to go into the back loop of a previous round you would have had to FLO (front loop only) on that round, leaving only the back loop kind of poking out. Then you should attach your yarn to one of those loops and continue doing your stitches into those loops.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You dont necessarily have to use the frontloops before using the back ones, some times you only use one of the two (for example when you want to make something round “stand up” per say a pot)

3 Likes

Oh! I wasn’t sure if there was a different way of doing it but that’s always how I did/saw it.

3 Likes

No you don’t, but in this particular pattern it was specified to crochet in the front loops only and then it repeated the same row and said to crochet in the back loops io the same row. The statement was that you can’t crochet a row the second time in blo unless you had done something other than crochet the first time

5 Likes

You are correct in this case. This pattern says to flo then go back and blo the same row

5 Likes