Squeaky

So, you know that squeaky sound when you use crochet hooks with certain yarns?
Well, I can’t hear them……

It’s Worse……

I can feel them! :scream::scream:

15 Likes

I found a TikTok which says that if you rub your hook in your hair the squeak will go away!

5 Likes

Hmm, I’ll try that with this resin hook I got.

4 Likes

It just fixes it with oil from your hair :woozy_face: try unscented hand lotion instead just more sanitary that way

8 Likes

That’s usually acrylic or polyester yarn and any hook/needle in the plastic or nylon family
I keep a plain unscented candle in my kit to wax my wooden needles, I think wax or silicone would be a better fix than oil for the squeak

8 Likes

That happens to me sometimes too. But I am Squeaky so it’s part of the package deal lol.

9 Likes

I can feel it to :dizzy_face: can’t put anything on my hooks though I need them to feel perfectly dry otherwise I can’t use them.

6 Likes

And this is how a rational person ends up with hundreds of knitting needles. I need different materials to deal with different fibers. And then the different types and lengths of each material… spirals into ramblings

7 Likes

Animated GIF

5 Likes

Me too! Especially when my anxiety is flaring for no reason… (I feel every sound and that’s usually how I figure out that it’s a random/no reason anxiety attack)

6 Likes

Happy Classic Movies GIF by Laff

3 Likes