StitchFiddle

Can anyone explain to me how stitch fiddle works?? I want to start working on something but idk how to work it.

8 Likes

You can make an interactive chart here. Instead of stitch fiddle.

8 Likes

Basically, it’s the same as graph paper. Each square is the same as one stitch. I usually make a 30 by 30 square for a dish / wash cloth.

7 Likes

oh i didnt know that. Im still trying to figure ribblr out so there is a lot of things i still have to figure out. thanks for letting me know though. btw, would it be easier to do it here or on stitch fiddle?

5 Likes

If you want to make a pattern, here is better. You need a designer account here to make a chart, if you don’t have one yet. Also free. just ask @Ribblr if you don’t have one yet.

7 Likes

What is stitch fiddle?

5 Likes

A place to make graphs, or charts, but they are not interactive within the patterns, like this platform is.

7 Likes

Ok thanks! :blush:

5 Likes

ok. will do.

4 Likes

i hate to sound stupid but how do I ask?

7 Likes

No stupid questions. Click on the @Ribblr and send a message. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

lol. thxs so much. i swear, everyone is so nice. i love it here.:purple_heart:

8 Likes

Same :blush:

7 Likes

You can create a free account on stitch fiddle and choose the kind of craft you’re planning to make a chart for (c2c, tapestry crochet, embroidery, etc) and I think you get like 5 free grids to work on. You can always reuse them like I do sometimes. You can choose the number of grids with each box standing for one stitch or more if you wish.

You can also convert photos you have (say of pets, people or objects or characters) to a chart using the option they have and chose the number of colours and details you want to have. But like @HookedByMarilyn said, they are not interactive. You can experiment there though.

Lemme know if you have anymore doubts, I’d be happy to help!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

What I did here, was started a pattern never to be published, called “random charts”. Then I picked a couple of colors for it. That way, when I created the chart, I could connect the color in it, to the color I picked, like Color A, and Color B, etc …

That is important to learn, because then, when someone else makes the pattern / chart, it can be adjusted to the color they want. Might not make sense until you try it. Tutorials here should help too.

7 Likes