Stripe account creation

Hello friends, I have a few questions about setting up/linking a stripe account. Is it normal for them to ask for a legal business name, company registration number, and company address? I don’t have a registration number as it’s not an official business. Furthermore, should I set the currency on the stripe account as my country’s currency? Lastly, my country doesn’t have any income taxes, should I expect to get any from stripe?

I would really appreciate it if someone is able to shed some light on that.

7 Likes

Can you try to open an individual account?

8 Likes

Switch it to individual instead of company. Companies HAVE to be registered. If you arent registered, youre an individual business!
The rest is absolutely normal, just put in your home address or shipping address :smile_cat:

4 Likes

I did do that but it didn’t work. Maybe its different for everybody depending on the country you live in.

4 Likes

The only thing I could think of is your country wouldn’t allow it. You probably know best regarding that, though.

Stripe is Ribblr partner for processing payments, and the relationship is directly between the designer and Stripe currently so you can reach out to their support for free! They are super helpful.

3 Likes

I reached out to Stripe and I was told that I must have a trade license, which is extremely expensive and not worth it compared to what I might gain through ribblr (the license is more than 1000$). Would Ribblr be open to using alternative payment apps such as paypall?

4 Likes

Did you make it set as an individual instead of company???

3 Likes

Stripe rules adhere to local regulations so the same should apply regardless of the service provider. There is likely to be alternatives offered in 2023 though

3 Likes

yes, that’s why they asked for a trade license.

3 Likes