suggestion for @ribblr

@Ribblr, I have suggestion for you.

There are several charts available here on ribblr, mine included. I think you should add another category specifically for them.

They can be used for so much more than just the crochet I am designing mine for. For example: knitting, needlework, sewing quilts, latch hook rugs … you get the idea.

Anyone agree? What do you all think?

10 Likes

yes!
we are not supposed to have chart only patterns on here, but they are just so gosh-darned versatile.

3 Likes

It would be lovely to be able to search for them specifically!

4 Likes

What? Really?
I guess if it doesn’t have the written directions. Hmm :thinking: Curious. What do you say @Ribblr? I really don’t want to be doing anything wrong.

2 Likes

yeah, it was my understanding that you are not supposed to have just a chart, that there are supposed to be written instructions. I can see why, you can take anything and send it through stitch fiddle and spit out a chart pdf (also not supposed to have pdf-only patterns)
Having to write out a pattern or enter a chart manually is a speedbump for piracy

4 Likes

I may have seen something like that lately. :thinking:

1 Like

I have seen a TON of them so far.

1 Like

Yes I agree! The chart patterns can also be used for cross stitch :grin:

3 Likes

We’ll be able to support this suggestion better as we add more crafty types!

However you can already utilize our interactive charts to add chart-based patterns. You do need to enter some instructions to help crafters understand it better.

Interactive charts are a great feature that can and will support more craft types that will benefit from it :tada:

2 Likes

That’s on the roadmap! :star_struck:

3 Likes