Suggestions please.

This was a great pattern, but like 99% of patterns- no to very little sewing instructions. I suck at the sewing part.
So, this snail leans forward while hanging from string- that’s one problem.
Maybe the eyes need to be pulled down more?
-problem 2.
Anything else I could improve that you have a solution for?

13 Likes

It’s a bit late advice for this one but maybe a little weight in the ornaments part would keep it hanging straight? Like adding a marble or something

Like I think it just hangs forward since the body is quite heavy/big compared to the ornaments/ball part

For sewing I’d recommend (especially for symmetrical work) to first lightly attach them with a few stitches (not fastening it off or anything) and just moving it until you’re happy, then going back with the sewing and securing it neatly

10 Likes

if the hanging string were to be moved closer to the back of the head (?) it would center the gravity better and hang straight
as far as the eyes and sewing-
if you use the long thin straight pins that are labeled for quilting, you can perfectly place whatever you are stitching then remove them once it’s stitched down.
the quilting pins are a bit more flexible as well as extra long with a large plastic head on the end that won’t get lost in the yarn

11 Likes

if you decide to move the hanging loop, just use a small hook from the bottom to catch the current loop and drag it back into the inside to hide it

9 Likes

I was going to say this exactly, maybe adding some weight so it (but kind of late for that on this specific one)
So the suggestion by @anon5108995 of moving the string would be the best option and hope at this moment

You got this!

8 Likes

Ah, I think I can feed it some beans!

Shocked No Way GIF by LAIKA Studios

9 Likes

All great suggestions above. The one thing I was going to suggest was you can do a little stitch from the “neck” into the top/side of the gift, so the head has to go back. Hope that makes sense.

5 Likes

I love the face and the eyes look so fun and goofy :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

So what did you finally end up doing with your little derpy snail?

5 Likes

I’ve been wondering too!

3 Likes

Same here!

3 Likes

Ah, nothing right now. Have to get another gift done before Saturday night party.

4 Likes

I’m no help as sewing and stuffing are the biggest reasons I hate amigurumi, but wanted to tell you he’s cute even with his flaws :wink:

4 Likes

Ok, I sewed the head higher up to the ornament. I don’t work anymore so I couldn’t get a syringe to inject the beads in to his bottom! :eyes::wink:

I had a bag of toys I made and took the to Christmas party and the only boy wanted this snail! It wasn’t going to be his, he started crying, so I made sure he got it,

6 Likes

Cartoon Network Please GIF

4 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Aww, how sweet!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

No advice but how adorable

4 Likes