Sun, Moon, Stars Cardigan: FINISHED

It’s been around three months, give or take, not including many weeks of breaks as I worked this thing into existence, and I must say it was greatly worth it!

Celestial aesthetic, my (second) beloved~
It’s not incredibly warm since the squares do have quite a few gaps, but it’s super heavy and super cute, so what more could you really ask for?

It’s giving big wizard vibes, so now I must create a funky wizard hat and beard to go with it.

32 Likes

This is really GORGEOUS :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Love the colors!

3 Likes

Thank youuuuu :black_heart:

2 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous! Looks amazing! Need a little Merlin hat now

2 Likes

That’s exactly the plan, haha. One floppy wizard hat (possibly with a long grey beard :D)

2 Likes

Become Gandalf the Vibrant lol

2 Likes

That’s so clever!! @Alyphira

Its absolutely beautiful! And i want one immediately …is there pattern?

3 Likes

So cute! And I totally agree with @Saoirse78 . Pattern?

2 Likes

Wow! Amazing!
Love It GIF by kelswhoelse

2 Likes

@Saoirse78 @fiaiscrocheting

There isn’t really a pattern, per se, I flipflopped between a couple of cardigan patterns to figure out how the squares would go together, and mishmashed things from a couple of patterns that I’ve accumulated from Etsy and Ravelry lol.

I took this here sun granny square:

and applied its outer border - starting from the star stitch - to the moon from this set:

and this star pattern:

and did my best to make them all ~8" wide - I think they all also had approximately 29 stitches per side, but I know for fact they were not all even.

After figuring out the layout of the squares, I used a single crochet to stitch them all together. Once that was done, I started with the cuffs to make the sleeves, doing a lot of increasing to make them as slouchy as they are. While making them, I regularly put on the attached squares, and slipped the in-progress sleeve onto my wrist to see if it was long enough.

For the cuffs and the edge ribbing, I used the ribbing from this vest pattern I used earlier this year:

except I started it with 9 chains.

As for the colors, I used Red Heart yarn in Peacock, Saffron, and Lemo - I’m afraid I don’t know the name of the light blue, as I got it years ago and did not keep the label. And I did the whole thing with a 5mm hook, save for the ribbing which was done, if I remember correctly, with a 4.25mm.

Not quite a pattern, but I hope this helps!

4 Likes

That is super helpful! Maybe ill try make my own some time thank you!

3 Likes

I’d love to see it if you do!!

1 Like

Amazing! I love how you mix and matched several patterns!!! :laughing:

2 Likes

Wow! This is amazing :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Love love love the colours omg​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

So beautiful and cleverly done!

2 Likes