Super quick crochet bookmark suggestions?

Does anyone have any super quick crochet bookmark pattern suggestions that you’ve made before and are super quick? Thanks for all the feedback!!

7 Likes

I’ve not made any, but I saw @Cloud9 had some patterns

5 Likes

Thanks so much! Will definitely check them out.

5 Likes

I’ve not seen these in person, only pics - so maybe someone can answer a question for me. How thick are they? Does the book still close well around a crocheted bookmark?

6 Likes

To be honest with you, I haven’t either but I think they’re supposed to be thin enough. It probably depends on the yarn and stitches you use

5 Likes

I’m typically a Lawful Evil on this chart - don’t use bookmarks despite being a book fiend.

I’ve seen some really pretty crochet bookmarks, but I’ve always wondered how well they fit. But yeah, not much experience with bookmarks at all.

8 Likes

The ones made with crochet thread are thin enough in my opinion.

5 Likes

Ah, thanks for the answer. I appreciate it.

I’ve been contemplating making some for some friends, but was unsure how well they’d work.

5 Likes

I’ve tested this one and it was super quick and works nicely

FREE Butterfly Kisses Bookmark Crochet

7 Likes

Thank you all for the suggestions and info! I ended up designing my own quickly.

8 Likes

I had a made several over the years, most patterns call for size 10 cotton thread or smaller, and those work just fine. I’ve seen a couple made with worsted yarn and I think that it could mess up the binding…
Personally for size, I prefer to make the kind that use a single chain for the part inside the book and the “pattern part” did outside…

This technically fits, but I find still a bit bigger than I’d like

This is what I prefer

8 Likes

Very pretty! Glad you came up with something

5 Likes

Thanks! Our town fair is this weekend and we have to drop stuff off today for entries, and I had just realized last night that I had put “bookmark” in one of the entry slots! So I had to make something :sweat_smile: Everything’s all set to drop off later, but I was worried it wouldn’t be!

5 Likes

Love that cross- the stitches too!

4 Likes

Thanks… Sadly, I have no idea what the pattern is… I made that probably 8 years ago

4 Likes

Oh man! I would’ve loved to make something like that, maybe at some point you could try to figure out the pattern? :smiley: No pressure, just an idea : )

3 Likes

I think I may have found the cross pattern

5 Likes

That sounds about right!
@NoKittenAroundStudio check out what @WolfKvB posted!

4 Likes

Girl, you’re soooo good! @WolfKvB

4 Likes

Thankssss, that cat is cute :joy::purple_heart:

I just Googled cross crochet pattern and it was within the first few results :grin:

4 Likes