Swatching for the Dragon Queen Coat

I bet it would look great with fluffy or velvet yarn!

8 Likes

When it is done I bet it will look amazing cant what to see some updates

7 Likes

Here’s the one I tried with that wolf fur yarn. It looks gorgeous and pretty similar to that coat when worked but is a nightmare to try to use this way. There are TONS of missed stitches in there but you can’t tell except by feeling it.

So if you use it in single rows it should work well. It does come in white but I dont know what the color it called.

7 Likes

That Yarn is beautiful! After doing some math and poking around on the Internet, I think I’m going to go with Bernat baby velvet.
It’s a yarn I’m familiar with, and is easily accessible via Amazon. (A three pack at the moment is about $18 with free shipping. So not TOO bad.)

7 Likes

I FOUND THE VIDEO!! Here is the link to the Insta reel with the two stranded knitting that makes stripes! Hope this helps!! If not it is super cool to watch​:grin:(let me know if the link doesn’t work) also the account isn’t in English but the video is to music anyways!

Helene Holtop | Strikk shared a post on Instagram: "Oppskriften er rett rundt hjørnet 🙊🙊🤩 /samarbeid med @easyasknit". Follow their account to see 458 posts.

8 Likes

I FOUND THE VIDEO!! Here is the link to the Insta reel with the two stranded knitting that makes stripes! Hope this helps!! If not it is super cool to watch​:grin:(let me know if the link doesn’t work) also the account isn’t in English but the video is to music anyways! (Helene Holtop | Strikk on Instagram: "Oppskriften er rett rundt hjørnet 🙊🙊🤩 /samarbeid med @easyasknit")

Helene Holtop | Strikk shared a post on Instagram: "Oppskriften er rett rundt hjørnet 🙊🙊🤩 /samarbeid med @easyasknit". Follow their account to see 458 posts.

5 Likes

Good Job!!

7 Likes

Thanks! :grin:

6 Likes

Thank you so much!

6 Likes

UPDATE:
the bernat baby velvet yarn has been ordered and should be arriving Monday!

9 Likes

This is one project I want to see updates on. :wink:

6 Likes

Yes! I’m hoping by posting here it holds me accountable!

8 Likes

Good idea! I think if we were all accountable to somebody we wouldn’t have as many WIPS?
Maybe…….

6 Likes

Maybe…. but probably not :rofl:

7 Likes

Or we’d all enable each other’s growing WIP piles :laughing::laughing::laughing:

8 Likes

Stares at my 3 currents WIPS LOL

6 Likes

You only have 3?! Lucky :melting_face:

6 Likes

Only three? I’m afraid to count mine.
scared fraidy cat GIF

7 Likes

Three that are active! Not ones I screamed at and threw in a bin under the bed, never to see daylight again. :wink:

7 Likes

Well, if anything. I’ll be a master at short rows after this.
(Broke down the coat in the photos app while figuring out measurements)

Photos are from google.
Original costume by Designer Michele Clapton
It seems like that front panel is constructed via the triangular shoulder pieces, which I thought was interesting… what have I gotten myself into LOL.

Edit: I will not be doing the chevron back. I MIGHT try the chevron on the sleeves if I decide to make them in the round, but it will kind of be a mash up of the grey/white design and the white/red I think.
We’ll see how I feel once the yarn arrives on Monday.
In the meantime, I’m experimenting on acrylic.

season 8 hbo GIF by Game of Thrones

10 Likes