Taking care of your posture

How do y’all take care of your backs/necks/joints when sitting down to crochet for a long time? I sat down to learn a few new stitches and make swatches of them, and my back is KILLING me. I know my posture is subpar but what can I do to make it easier on myself?

7 Likes

Get a good chair that has back support it helps.

4 Likes

A good chair is always a good investment. Depending on how long you sit, a customized seat cushion may also help depending on where the back pain is. One thing I do is switch positions while I’m crocheting for prolonged amounts of time. Or at least get up take a break and stretch. I also recommend back stretches before sitting as well, that has helped me with long gaming sessions as well as crocheting ones!

8 Likes

I bought a neck/shoulder massager :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I get up at intervals and do other stuff. Also I have multiple pillows on my couch and will readjust my position often. Helped with the back psin

2 Likes

i crochet laying down a lot with a headlamp, or using a recliner, and i also bought a back massager device that helps relieve tension

my back hurts so bad right now which is why i have to force myself to take a break from socks lol

2 Likes