Tangles in thread

I’d like to spend at least 70% of the time in actual sewing but instead I’m spending 70% of that time sewing into a crochet project in UNTANGLING THREAD! :triumph:
Anyone have any tips to help decrease the tangling?

5 Likes

They usually say pull the yarn from the middle, (which never works for me) but I usually pull from the outside. I feel that way it may be a little longer but it doesn’t tangle as much.

4 Likes

I saw something maybe on youtube that shows you what brand should be pulled from which end for finding the end. wish I could remember for sure, but no one likes yarn barf ;).

4 Likes

@Sew-It-bee
@LDSVenus
Thanks for trying to help, but I am talking about thread … like you sew with. Trying to sew a liner into this crochet purse. I’m almost done and you KNOW how that is! :wink:

4 Likes

when I did embroider on my sewing machine there was a mesh thread cover you could buy to keep your thread from spooling off while you were sewing. check with a sewing machine store that sells thread.

3 Likes

Yes, that is the tricky part. Are you use a spool of thread on a sewing machine. If not I really don’t know many tips because thread is the HARDEST thing to untangle.

4 Likes