Temper Tantrum

14 Likes

WHEN THAT IS YOUR YARN SECTION! My local Joanns has NOTHING!

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

i feel bad for you girl. i went to a joanns a couple of weeks ago and boy does hobby lobby have them beat. luckily i lived very close to a hobby lobby. not only does hobby lobby have more options and brands of yarn, they’re slightly cheaper than joanns. i definitely dont recommend shopping there.

7 Likes

My Joan’s actually has better selection then hobby lobby
Joan’s had better prices as well. I think it depends on your location

6 Likes

Yes my hobby lobby is horrible they have no yarn like nothing! The I love dollar tree yarn more than hobby lobby

7 Likes

hmm…i guess so because the joanns my mom took me took was higher than hobby lobby when it came to everything. i ended up not even buying yarn and bought some stuff for journaling instead.

6 Likes

dollar tree yarn is so good and soft too! i hate that they’re going up on their prices though. whats the point of calling it dollar tree if im paying over a dollar???

6 Likes

Exactly that’s why I stopped buying at dollar tree. I save money when I buy in bulk at Joan’s. I get a pound of yarn for 6.99

6 Likes

it was a dollar thus the name, but everything is going up, including the prices they have to pay for things to sell. So to stay in business they raise their prices to cover that cost or go out of business, if they go out of business, where will you get your yarn :(.

6 Likes

Honestly I think hobby lobby is best for basic worsted weight acrylic and faux fur yarn, Joanns has a good selection of bernat blanket and a decent selection of Caron, and Michaels is best for plush yarn.

6 Likes

I buy Hobby Lobby yarn for my charity hats and baby sweaters. they are on sale for 30% off every other week. If you get their app, you can keep track of when that is. I’m more of a natural fiber kinda girl, but for things that need washing with minimum care I use acrylic yarns, even still you need to look at the washing and care instructions before choose the yarn you want.

6 Likes

I do mostly amigurumi so acrylic is my whole stash! I understand that it isn’t great for the environment though! Because of the micro plastic and everything, but it works best for what I make.

6 Likes

i just like natural fiber because it’s warmer and sometimes softer ;p, and because I can spin it. I try to do my part for the earth, but I’m not so focused on it that I can’t enjoy acrylic yarn, plastic bags etc. We can do our part by recycling, but hey if we don’t knit up all those acrylic yarns they’ll lay wasting in the land fill ;p. “no acrylics were harmed in the making of the yarn, or electrons in the creation of this post”

7 Likes

Exactly! I find it is the same way with vegan diets, I understand why people go vegan, but if you don’t use the products, they will go to waste.

6 Likes

ROFL

7 Likes