Tension Tips?

Do you have any tension tips for knitting? I usually crotchet but my older sister said I should pick up knitting.

4 Likes

Ooo! I knit using the English way, I searched up on YouTube ‘how to hold your yarn while knitting the English way’. I hold my yarn the same way I do when crochet, I just use my dominant hand other than my non-dominant hand. I hope that helped! I definitely recommend going on YouTube and finding different ways to see which one works for you the best. Have a nice rest of your day! :smile:

3 Likes

I strongly suggest using the method of knitting that holds the yarn in the same hand as you do for crochet… so I hold my yarn in my left hand, so I use continental knitting… also, like crochet, it takes practice and trying different techniques… watching various YouTube tutorials helped me… I love very pink knits for this especially
(I changed title and added tags to help with organization and so people who might have answers will see it)

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips!

2 Likes

its like, the same as crocheting tension- just loop your finger under the yarn. that will help keep it steady and controlled.

1 Like

Tension is something that will come with time, and practice. I’m a very tight knitter, while some can be very loose, but in the beginning it’s hard to know what works for you :slight_smile: Even if you have uneven tension most of it will straighten out when you block your project.

I also recommend continental knitting; many have said it’s easier on your hands and wrist in the longrun!
Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx

1 Like