Tester call for Crochet: Camila the Body Base Pattern

I need testers for my Camila the Body Base Pattern - Crochet ePattern
Due Date:
Additional Requirements:
Click pattern photo to apply:

Hello guys! Meet Camila! She is so cute and is great to use to make dolls and you can use patterns to make her clothes!

:ribbon: DUE DATE: APRIL 18TH if you need an extension lmk! :ribbon:

:ribbon: I am looking for testers who are willing to use different skin colors :ribbon:

:ribbon: I will choose 4 testers to work with Plush yarn, and the rest will be worsted weight. :ribbon:

:ribbon: Her hair cap, different hair details and clothes will be seperate pattern tests but will be bundled together. :ribbon:

:ribbon: The first amount of peopel that finish the test first will be considered for the other patterns! :ribbon:

:ribbon: If i remember, I will post an agnowledgement post! :ribbon:

Let me know if you have questions!

22 Likes

Oh nice, I never made a doll base before, but good luck!!

3 Likes

I might have just applied accidentally, but I should be able to test by the deadline! I can start this weekend. If I happen to need an extension I will let you know by April 13

I would use worsted weight yarn in dark brown or else “fantasy” skin color like orange or something. Do you have a preference?

2 Likes

Preferably a earthly skin color, like the dark brown, unless you plan on using the base for a character!

3 Likes

Excellent, I will use dark brown then. Checking out the pattern now!

2 Likes

Id be happy to test this! Probably make it in a lighter skin tone, so then i could make it look like me, but, i can do whatever, really.

2 Likes

Perfect!

1 Like

Hii, do you know about how much yarn would be needed for this test?
I have a few colours that could work but a lot of them are leftovers.

1 Like

With a 3.25 mm hook, the one second to the left would be perfect!

I just finished! Well I still have to embroider face details. With a 3.5mm hook and worsted acrylic, my base is 9.25" (24cm) tall. Where would you like us to provide feedback on the pattern?

1 Like

In a journal is fine! Im curious to ask, what happened to her feet?? I had a pattern for the feet in there??

1 Like

I have a peach worsted weight that I would love to use for her!

2 Likes

Hey, is there a group chat for questions and comments?
On (round 16) you have 9 stitches,
on (round 17) you do 9 increases and it says you end up with 15 stitches, this should be 18.
Which means the counts after are also off 18 + 5 increases for (round 18) is 23 not 21
23 + 5 increases is 28 not 24.

1 Like

I had trouble with the pattern for the shoes after trying a few times. I agree that a more private group chat could be helpful. I ran into the same trouble as althamarine

1 Like

@Apple724 if you have time could you check out the count errors, should I proceed with the stitches as written and the correct numbers or do you want to change the stitches so the numbers line up?

1 Like

Please follow what is written and ignore the st counts. My tech editor will take a look when she is finished moving house.

1 Like

Row 28 is impossible with the amount of stiches we have (23)
4+1 for increase x 5 = 25 stitches needed +1 sc is 26
which is 3 more stitches than we have.
It would also get you to 31 stitches 4+inc =6x5 = 30+1 = 31, not 25.

I assume it is meant to say 3sc inc like row 19?

1 Like

I’m now fully lost on the leg when I follow the description I end up with this

Also leg 1 has 21 stitches according to the pattern (row 32)
And leg 2 has 18 stitches according to the pattern (also 32 but in the leg 2 chapter)

Now… I can just keep going and freestyle it but at that point I’m not really testing this pattern anymore…

So I either am fully going wrong here but I use stitch markers and kept count, I’m hella confused and need pictures though this isn’t the first pattern with legs I’ve made…
Or it’s just the count errors throwing the pattern off but I am seriously stuck and would love input.

@Apple724

@rosedoes do you maybe have any helpful tips since you managed to get legs on :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi. So instead of posting all this in the post, please pm me. What you are doing is right and they are supposed to be uneven. Please pm me. Please try yourbest to follow the pattern. I tried the best i could and other ppl could follow it. I might just take it down instead of posting it as a pattern since you are having such a difficult time.

2 Likes

I have a bunch of different “skin tone” ish worsted weight yarns including some fantasy type colors.

1 Like