Tester call for Crochet: Cute Cane Handle Cover

Hello! I need testers for my Cute Cane Handle Cover - Crochet ePattern
Due Date: 3/31/24
Additional Requirements:
Click pattern photo to apply:

24 Likes

I see the additional requirements thing but it shows blank. Any yarn or hook requirements, or colors?

I applied anyways, I need one of these for my cane

6 Likes

Does it need to be this style of cane? Or can it be modified? My cane is slightly different.

6 Likes

Hi, the shape is just a cylinder with a hole to slip over either end of a T shape cane handle, so you could either do the chain row earlier or later, or leave it out entirely. I have not tested the fit on any other style, you may want to add a few rows if you’re planning to make this for a hook shaped handle.

3 Likes

Hi! I used DK size 3 yarn with a 3.5mm hook. Any colors will work!
I’ll update the pattern to make sure everything is correct, I’m still new to the Ribblr format.

2 Likes

Mm, I don’t have weight 3 yarn, so I’ll be using weight 4 to see how it changes. XD May have to slightly adjust number of stitches for the larger yarn weight, will see. ^-^

If that’s alright. If not, I understand and will hop off.

That’s fine! I did test one in a bulkier worsted cotton and the main difference was the fit on the handle was less snug. It was easier to slip the cover on the handle though!

2 Likes

Hey It’s currently night for me and I am currently testing another pattern (that I am almost done with) so I probably won’t be able to start on this until Tuesday/Wednesday but I am planning on giving this to my nan that I haven’t seen pre COVID but am seeing again in a few weeks
Any colour recommendations?

Hi! I liked using the Bernat baby sport yarn in any of the varigated colorways, and I think the lion brand baby soft in twinkle would look great! The varigation works up well on a small project, plus they’re machine washable!

Thanks!

I applied to test if you are still looking. I can use weight 3 yarn and my cane handle is the same style as the photo

Hi! I just approved you :blush:

Uhm, question. I noticed this pattern in my inventory instead of my tester page, but I don’t see a tester thread built for it. Did a step get skipped or missed somewhere, or did it get gifted instead of assigned for testing?

Hi, I was not sure how things worked and accidentally gifted the pattern to you! You can keep it, I have plenty of testers and the pattern will be free anyway.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll treat it like a test and journal it anyways. ^-^

1 Like

I finished and it looks really cute! I didn’t notice any errors in the pattern. I found it easy to follow and quick to work up. My yarn had some pooling going on which was fun to watch

To nitpick:

1. Round 1 could be clearer. Sc into the loop for me means to work around the ch sts. However that didn’t look good to me so I frogged and worked into each ch instead. Not sure which was intended by the pattern

2. Round 13 could be clearer (sc in 16th st, sc in next 15 sts). The stitch counts help to clarify that, using a stitch marker also fixes that

3. Because the halves are different lengths, measurements for each half could help anyone following this pattern without a cane to test it on (could be making for a friend or cane is in the other room…) My row gauge was almost too long for the first half but somehow too short for the second half. I had to try it on in order to make adjustments

You are welcome to use my photos! Thank you @pangurbanmusicandarts for the opportunity to test and for sharing something cool for a mobility aid!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.