Tester call for Crochet pattern: Fluffy Altaria Plush Pattern

CLOSED - Thank you for all the volunteers!

I need testers for my Fluffy Altaria Plush Pattern - Crochet ePattern

I’m looking for at least 3-5 testers. Please note that the beak will be shorter because I decided to take out a row in the pattern.

I would love to see some examples of your work, especially if you have anything using fur yarn. Finished tests should be completed in a month please.

18 Likes

Oh my gosh I would love to test! How big is the plush? And what would you say the difficulty level is and the total work time?

5 Likes

It’s just about a foot tall. The pattern itself is easy, but the part with the fur yarn is more difficult if you don’t like being unable to see your stitches.

I don’t have a great estimate for the time, but I got most of it done after work on Monday. Maybe 6-8 hours?

I had to share this pic of my cat for scale, haha. He crashed my photoshoot.

9 Likes

It’s so cute! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I would love to test! It looks really cute

4 Likes

Sure, I can get you set up with the pattern.

4 Likes

I’ll add you as a tester.

4 Likes

I would love to test if there’s still room​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I wish i had some fluffy yarn so i could test for you. :blush:

3 Likes

Sure, the more the merrier!

4 Likes

Aww thanks! If you’re ok with it not being fluffy, you can do it with regular yarn if you want. I mostly need to make sure I didn’t typo or mis-count anywhere.

4 Likes

Oh, perfect! I can do it then.

3 Likes

Sure! I’ll get you added.

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you. I do have Bernat baby, which is a thicker yarn. Just don’t have fluffy/furry stuff.

3 Likes

If you use Bernat blanket in place of the fur, just use the recommended 6.5 hook. You may want to size down the other yarn to a 5 or 4 gauge and pick a different hook otherwise the body will be proportionally smaller with a thinner yarn than the fur.

4 Likes

I’m actually looking at the bernat blanket yarn and it recommends 8mm. Do you go down on your hook sizes for amigurumi?

3 Likes

Yes. Amigurumi is much tighter than other crochet so the hooks are always sized down. You don’t want to have any holes so the stuffing doesn’t show.

3 Likes

Yes, I just wanted to make sure if that’s what you were saying in your last comment​:blush:

3 Likes