Cute! Good luck with your test

5 Likes

Thank you :blush:

4 Likes

Which yarn and hook size is needed?

4 Likes

I’d love to test for you

3 Likes

Hey there. This is made for a worsted weight / aran weight yarn and an I 5.5 mm hook

2 Likes

Ok great! I will send you the test through ribblr and you should be able to access it on your patterns list I believe. Do you think you can get finished in 2 weeks? Let me know if you need longer, I get it.

3 Likes

Ok, I think I have you set as a tester. Im trying really hard to figure out some of the ins and outs of ribblr so let me know if it didn’t work and we will go from there. Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

I got it! I’m also learning this app as I am new to it. I can have the hat done within that timeframe.

3 Likes

Sweet!! Let me know if you have any questions. Im happy to help out. Hope you enjoy and love your hat :two_hearts:. Thank you

4 Likes

I’m finished. How do you want me to send you feed back?

3 Likes

Oh holy guacamole you’re fast! Yes, I would really appreciate any feedback, questions, suggestions, comments, criticisms. Let me have it. Also, your hat is freaking cuteeee.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Omg it looks perfect on you. I swear, this is always my favorite part. Seeing the finished object pictured. Do you like it? Fingers crossed, I hope you like it. It is also kind of terrifying while you wait. Like, idk why terrifying, I can always make corrections. I think it is hoping that others will find enjoyment in making this idea that I had. Sorry, I am a totally rambler, and your hat looks super cool :sunglasses:

3 Likes

What I found confusing with the pattern is that, if someone doesn’t know, you don’t mention if you are supposed to slst at the end of each round. I used HDC because I find it easier for myself. Also, I only needed 60 rows for my brim. I did the rest of the hat the way it was written, minus the second and third ESC rounds w/o decreases. And the hat is more of a slouchy style. I wanted more of a beanie style, but I’m not quite sure how to figure out the math on the decreases to do that…unless SC is used in place of the ESC/HDC. Those are the only notes I could think of. I hope you don’t feel like I am being too picky. Not trying to be.

2 Likes

No, not at all. That is exactly why I want a tester. Give me any feedback at all. I had a feeling some people would not like the ESC because it is kind of finicky. Thank you for your info! I definitely meant to include the bit about SLST at the end of each round. It must have … SLIPPED my mind lolol. (that was such a bad joke :joy:)

3 Likes

I’m most likely going to make more of these. I have chemo coming up and I have been trying to make a bunch of comfy hats.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you do make lots and lots of comfy hats! I am going to send you a copy of my lemon peel pie hat recipe in case you want to make it too. Gotta keep that top covered, warm and cozy. Winter is coming :heart:.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush::heart:

2 Likes

You’re welcome :relaxed: good luck and well wishes!!

2 Likes