Tester call for Crochet: Rustic Diamonds Table Runner

Happy Hump Day!
I’m looking for 3-4 peeps that like rustic, farm home charm to test this pattern. It’s a “two-fer” ( is that a word?) but it aptly describes this pattern which can be made into a placemat or table runner depending on how much time and yarn you have!

It’s tapestry crochet, so that means color work and carrying non-working yarn as you go.
Approximately 400 yds of #4 weight cotton for main color, 50 yds of contrast color also #4 weight for a 14"x 40" table runner
Approximately 90 yds of main color, 25 yds of contrast color for a 14 x 20 placemat
US-7/4.5mm crochet hook
stitches used: fdc, dc, ch
Much better suited for cotton but acrylic will work in a pinch. No color requirements but simple solid colors are best.

complete by 20 April
Create a public journal and post 1-2 photos of finished project (progress photos are optional).

Sandi

I need testers for my Rustic Diamonds Table Runner - Crochet ePattern
Due Date:
Additional Requirements:
Click pattern photo to apply:

23 Likes

This is absolutely beautiful.

3 Likes

Wow that is gorgeous :heart_eyes: :heart:

1 Like

Wow, I’ve been looking for something like this to make for my dad, but I never really found anything I either liked or thought would be something he’d love. This is exactly what I’ve been looking for! I’d love to test it (I’ll do the table runner if picked).

Might need to order yarn though – I have a lot of cotton, just not a lot of the same colors :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sandi, I would love to make a set of tablemats and perhaps the runner, too at some point. I just had a few questions before I jumped on board (apologies if I missed the answers): is it a size 4/medium yarn and (in your opinion as designer) do you think mercerized cotton would work or is it better to have the non-mercerized version?.:thinking:

2 Likes

Hi, It’s a #4 weight cotton, there are several brands that would work such as Lily’s Sugar’n Cream or Bernat Handcrafter, these are both economical and easy to work with. I used Lily’s in my samples.
Sandi

3 Likes

Awesome thank you! (I had some mercerized cotton leftover from a previous project so I thought it might be a good chance to destash :laughing:)

1 Like

I would love to test.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.