Tester call for Crochet: Wavemount Pattern

Hi there!!

My Nightflame pattern is almost ready for publishing and my Splob Wizard is going in the same direction, so I’ve decided to launch another tester call :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is my second Elemental Horse pattern - Wavemount, a Water Elemental Horse!

It is based on two mythical creatures:
– the Hippocampus: with Greek origins, Poseidon was described as driving a chariot drawn by Hippocampi, horses with two hooves and a fish’s tail;
– the Kelpie: with Scottish origins, the Kelpie is a water spirit that is said to inhabit lochs and can assume a human form.
Wavemount’s own lore was written by Julia Vasak and you can read it below.

The pdf version has already been tested, but I need 3-5 testers to see if the pattern has been adequately transferred to Ribblr!

I believe this is a beginner-friendly pattern, maybe on the higher-beginner side, but not really by much, and I try to add plenty of photos to help!

Due Date is Saturday April 6th.

You can use any yarn type you like, and you can change the colors and add your own personal touches if you want. I love to see everyone’s creativity so your imagination is the limit! :hugs:

Click pattern photo to apply:

WAVEMOUNT LORE
They spark our Imagination. Even though – or maybe because – we don’t exactly know what they look like, as we only catch a glimps ever so often (the Loch Ness Monster isn’t exactly a Monster). Wavemounts. All the waters – rivers, lakes, seas – house a Wavemount of their own. When a river is a soft, mumbling stream, you know there lives a gentle Wavemount; whereas if you find a wild, roaring river, be asured the Wavemount ruling this river is just as wild and free spirited. When the sea lays still and flat, reflecting the stars and the moon, its ruler is calm and collected, at ease.
You can tell by bobbing waves that the Horse of Water is happy, having a good time playing with the creatures of the sea. You might even spot one jumping in glee with the dolphins – or was it? As when storms are raging and throwing huge waves across the oceans, better stay away from that water, as the waves, the wind, thunder and lightning might not be the most dangerous things out there. If you’re present to see – but, of course, you are not – you could witness Wavemount helping Jadelea, the Earth Horse, putting out fires that form from the occasional strolls of Nightflame, the Fire Horse.
The combined powers of Jadelea and Wavemount help nature sprout new life where all seemed lost.
Every now and then the Wavemounts come together in the seas, celebrating the moon and its Push and Pull on the world’s waters, and the stirring of all these mighty fish tailed horses is recognised by us as the tides.

32 Likes

I love the Greek lore!! This looks awesome I would try black and white or red and yellow!

3 Likes

Oh my!! Love it!! I like how the mane is curved it’s almost as if it’s swimming in the water​:scream::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Id love to test in bulky yarn! I loved seeing your creations on instagram, and id be more than happy to help test!

3 Likes

I’d love to test it! It’s so cute and I love the little lore behind it

3 Likes

Omg so cute!!!
I love folklore and mythology and I love that you included Lore for the creature too :heart_eyes:
Ill probably get my colourblind partner to choose my colours and only tell them its a mythical ocean creature hehe
Always has fun results

2 Likes

I have always loved Mythology. I would love to test your Wavemount. It looks amazing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, everyone, for your kind words!! I’ve had more than enough people applying already, so I’ll close this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

EDIT: Ok so I’m either very dumb (probable) or something is bugging with my Ribblr, because I can’t find the Edit button to edit the post and warn people that the tester call si closed :see_no_evil:

1 Like