Tester call for Knitting: Fabled Cabled Sweater

I need testers for my Fabled Cabled Sweater - Knitting ePattern
Click pattern photo to apply:

Due date: April 1st 2024

This V-neck cropped sweater is a great knit for those looking to jump into a simple cable pattern. It is an intermediate knitting pattern. It is worked bottom-up with the only seams being at the shoulders where you will kitchener the shoulders together.

Sizes: 1(2, 3, 4)(5, 6, 7)(8, 9, 10)

Finished Measurements: 36(40, 44, 48)(52, 56, 60)(64, 68, 72)" or 91.5(101.5, 112, 122)(132, 142, 152.5)(162.5, 173, 183) cm around the bust. This sweater is designed with 6-8” (15-20 cm) of positive ease. Therefore, pick a size that is 6-8” (15-20 cm) larger than your actual bust measurement.

Yarn: Knit Picks Heatherly Sport (328 yds/100 g) in the color Sweet Bing. About 900(1000, 1150, 1250)(1400, 1500, 1650)(1750, 1850, 1950)yds.

Needles: US 3 (3.25 mm) and US 5 (3.75 mm) circular needles.

Gauge: 28 sts x 28 rows in Chart B (cabled pattern worked flat) on US 5 (3.75 mm) needles

Other Materials: scissors, stitch markers, measuring tape, cable needle or double pointed needle, stitch holder or waste yarn

21 Likes

it’s so cute! — I don’t know how to knit cables yet, but i rly wanna learn soon c: (you also might want to add requirements, skill level, etc.)

4 Likes

I would also add the due date, when you’ll be picking testers, if a specific yarn/yarn color is needed, if this is made the measure or a specific size/etc and any other requirements you may have for testers, good luck with testing! :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your help and advice!

3 Likes

Thank you for the information and I appreciate your help!

3 Likes

The picture doesn’t appear anymore because you have changed it in your pattern, maybe you can post another one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No problem, glad to help! Since you mentioned the yarn, does it have to be that exact yarn/yarn weight or was it just what you used to make it? If need be could the deadline be extended?

I’m interested, but the closest weight I have to a weight 2 (Sport) would be weight 3 (Light) no worries if it needs to be that specific weight I’ll understand

3 Likes

As long as you can get gauge that’s the most important part! The deadline can be extended if absolutely necessary.

3 Likes

Got it, thanks for letting me know! I applied and will use Lion Brand - Coboo in Steel Blue (and maybe some Lilac if I don’t have enough) if accepted :smile:

3 Likes

When will you be choosing testers?

1 Like

Hey id love to test this for you! But in just a little worried about getting it finished for the deadline how flexible would you be that?

1 Like

I will be choosing testers within the next week.

1 Like

I can be slightly flexible depending on who all is testing for me. The most I can give is an extra week.

1 Like

And when would you be assigning the pattern to testers?

1 Like

Within the next week. Most likely by Friday 3/8

1 Like

So theres roughly 3 weeks to complete this test? Will this pattern be for sale in your shop after? Im hesitate to apply to test since im not sure if id be able to finish it within that time but i do love the sweater!

1 Like

Yes it will be available in my shop afterwards! You are welcome to still apply and if most of the people who apply need an extension then an extension will be made!

1 Like

Ill apply and see how it goes so!

2 Likes

I will be applying as well! Hopefully I can finish lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.