Testing feature group msg errors

Hi @Ribblr,
I used the new testing features easily this morning for my spotted egg pattern. But now Iā€™m working on my tiniest bow pattern and Iā€™m having trouble.
Iā€™ve tried sending a group message multiple times but it isnā€™t showing up in the new testing dashboard, see screenshot. I get a ā€œcommunication errorā€ if I try to send one through the old message group button in manage testing.

I did uninstall and reinstall the app. Iā€™m on a Motorola smartphone running Android.
Please help!

Sue

16 Likes

Thanks! Weā€™re escalating this now.

5 Likes

Thank you just let me know if you need any other screenshots or information.

4 Likes

At least one of the messages went through because I received a reply from a tester.

4 Likes

If you can -that would be great!

4 Likes

I just closed the app and reopened and tried to message my tiniest bow testers again through the old way of messaging and got this error message again.

5 Likes

When I tap the ā€œMessage Testersā€ button for the spotted egg pattern, it takes me to the group chat.
However, when I tap the same button for the tiniest egg pattern, it brings up a new message window and doesnā€™t link to the message(s) I previously sent this morning.

5 Likes

Here is a screenshot of the message to tiniest bow pattern testers that went through and was replied to by a tester. I hope this helps, if you need any more lmk what would be helpful to see.
Suw

5 Likes

Here are the screenshot of another group message that did go through and a tester replied to but I still couldnā€™t access through the testing tools.

5 Likes

Should be fixed! Let us know.

3 Likes

Unfortunately it still isnā€™t connecting the group message for this pattern. You can see I got a confirmation that the group message was sent, but it doesnā€™t connect me to the group chat through the new messaging feature afterwards. I did try closing and reopening the app and uninstalling and reinstalling again but that didnā€™t help. :frowning:

1 Like

To confirm, it does send the message but does not redirects you there?

1 Like

Yes that is what seems to be happening. I get a confirmation that the message has been sent. But I canā€™t see it in the testing area at all. I could only find it in my DMs after someone replied.

2 Likes

Thanks! Itā€™s been escalated. Our engineers are working on this though for now you can go to your messages then ā€˜sentā€™ to find the message. It is sending like you said but just not redirecting which is likely a fault on our end! Sorry about that :purple_heart:

1 Like

@Ribblr - I am not sure if I am having the same issue or if this is a different issue.

I tried to send an initial message to my testers from my shop manager testing page. I sent the message and it said that it had sent but then I couldnā€™t find it anywhere. I waited a while, but whenever I clicked on manage testing, it still said to message testers rather than go to group messages. I tried again from my shop page, and it worked.

For information, it did not work setting up a group message from hereā€¦

ā€¦but it did from here

It sounds like you werenā€™t redirected - but you should still find the message under ā€˜sentā€™ in your messages within your profile!

It was not there. I did check. It worked when I sent it from my shop page though and my shop manager now does redirect me to the group message.

2 Likes

Thank you. Weā€™ll be checking that.

Thank you @Ribblr, I am still having this issue, too. I just tried to send a new group message for the start of my leggy arms and legs pattern and canā€™t see the group message through the testing management or in my sent messages.
I really want to love these new features but am struggling. On top of the issues with messaging, the new testing page is slow to load, and itā€™s very hard to navigate to the journals and back to the testing page without having to reload the testing page, making it even slower than it originally was. I hope youā€™ll be able to work out the kinks!

The fix has been released today - it was an issue with it sometimes not redirecting since you can now send a message from two places.

As for slowness - can you send us a private message to with a video of your screen?
We are not aware of any other issues as of now.

1 Like