testing question

New to the new format of testing so I’m not sure what is going on.
I had several testers, but one didn’t respond to messages. I removed that person from the chat, but not from the pattern test yet. When I went to remove them from the test, it said “aborted” or something. How would that happen? Is it because I removed them from the chat? Or would it be done on their end?

4 Likes

Okay i just had to do the same thing with removing a tester who did not communicate. I recently removed them from the pattern as well. I saw “tester status updated”. I didnt see it say abort? That could be because you took them out of the chat first and then removed from pattern. I say this because if you would have removed them from the pattern first, they would still be in the chat. Which dont make sense.

But what do you see now when you go to the pattern that is being tested in your shop?? To find out you would go to “asign testers”, select the pattern. And you should see a list of your testers. The one that you removed should now say “removed (in red)”

3 Likes

That’s just it. It says “aborted”. Maybe I could say re-join, then remove??? I will try. Edited to say re-join did add them back.

2 Likes

Hmm I would say they have been removed. So they cant see your pattern anymore! I wouldnt worry. Abort technically means the same. I think youre good ma’am.

Might be better to remove them from pattern and then chat next time. Just to have some clarity with it to make sure for now ill ask ribblr.

@Ribblr Does “Aborted” mean a tester has been removed from pattern testing??

2 Likes

Even a better question, does aborted mean they selected a button to abort? Both new to this new format, so it could have been accidental. I test all the time, but as an editor, I do not have to go through the selection process. Maybe those of you who are testers know?

2 Likes

its when a tester removes themselves from the pattern
(the one on the right) so they cant access the pattern anymore <3 i would ask them if they did it by accident but if they dont reply i normally just keep it that way

3 Likes

Sure, I knew that was there. Thanks all. I still like the idea of re-adding them, to take them out myself. If that’s needed. Thinking this was an accident, so will try again.

2 Likes

@DasChubba is correct, it means they have removed themselves from the test.

3 Likes