Thankfulness

Here in the US, it is Thanksgiving Day, but, we try to be thankful every day. Comment here for anything you are thankful for. I’ll start.

A friend is awaiting a lung transplant, and my sister is not fully recovered from covid. So, I am very thankful for the simple act of breathing.

I am also thankful for the dog we “rescued” from my sister. She is turning out to be a great friend to our dog. Much needed. Nice!

What are you thankful for today?

9 Likes

We had our Thanksgiving Day on October 11 this year in Canada, but I’m very thankful that all my family and friends have stayed healthy in this madness that is Covid-19! I’m also so happy that Canada approved the vaccine for 5 - 11 year olds and shots have started going in arms. :grinning:

Our son rescued a cat off the streets but couldn’t keep him where he lives so we took him in so now we have 3 cats. This is our rescue CT (cinnamon toast :blush:) making sure I pay attention to him instead of my sticks and string! :wink:

6 Likes

At this time of year I am always mindful and worried about the homeless populations with the cold weather. I live on SS so I don’t have a lot of money to contribute, but I’m thankful for my knitting skills that allow me to help in some way. This also makes me very thankful for my apt that provides a roof over my head, that I have clothes to wear and food on my table, because there are some who do not have even these things. Please remember them in you prayers, I know many of you knit or crochet for charities, and I’m thankful for that too.

5 Likes

What a lovely topic!

I try to be most thankful for all the things I sometimes take for granted - my loved ones, the roof over my head, and my body & mind. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes