This topic has been done before but…

Currently working on a cute new project for my space in the boutique, and I love the stitch I’m using! It’s called the waistcoat stitch. What is your favorite stitch?

13 Likes

I haven’t actually crocheted with this stitch yet, but I love how the moss stitch looks :smile:

8 Likes

Also known as the knit stitch. It makes a solid stitch. I have a plan for it in an upcoming pattern. :wink:

My favorite is still the lemon peel stitch (many other names I can’t think of). I love the texture of it.

8 Likes

That’s a great stitch. I used it in my Shadow’s Sister beanie pattern.
I like to incorporate linked stitches in my work to avoid obvious holes that shouldn’t show. But my go to is usually the half-double crochet (US).

8 Likes

Girl, you’re posting in a fiber art place. There’s no such thing as talking about stitches too much!! :joy:

Idk, I’m stitch single right now :rofl: no committed relationship to any certain stitch. Although I’ve been daydreaming about C2C stuff lately :thinking:

5 Likes

I haven’t found a tutorial that helped me to understand how to do the waistcoat stitch. I’ve probably looked at 20 of the most popular ones.

4 Likes

my favorite stich has to be frount/back post! you can make such cool patterns with it!

5 Likes

It’s really simple one you get the hang of it! Do you know how to explain @anon5108995 ?

4 Likes

when you do a normal sc on top of a normal sc, you generally either put the hook through one of the loops on top of the stitch, or in the space between two stitches.
your stitch will have a ‘v’ on top that are the loops , but if you look at the front of the stitch there will be another ‘v’ at the root (point where it wraps around the lower loops)
In waistcoat stitch, you insert the hook into the root of the post of the sc so that your new sc covers the front of the previous sc…
kind of like a front post dc except going into the post instead of around the post.

5 Likes

on it!

game of thrones dance GIF

4 Likes

Now that actually makes sense. One other question, I hate fighting with the stitch to insert the hook, is getting to that sc post going to be like that?

Thanks! @anon5108995

4 Likes

I’m a knitter, so you won’t know what I’m talking about, but I love moss stitch. It makes a fabric very similar to thermal shirts. It works with every yarn, gives wonderful drape and a little stretch, feels nice (if you like thermals), it’s simple and mindless and just looks good.

4 Likes

Thank you! You explain everything so well!

4 Likes

I would suggest that you use a hook a couple sizes larger than the yarn calls for to learn the stitch, then go down once you get the hang of it. It does require a looser gauge than standard ami calls for

4 Likes

Thanks sweetie!
You’re the best!

4 Likes