Time flies

When was the moment you realize you weren’t a little kid anymore (for those who aren’t)?

8 Likes

For me it was just a couple of days ago when my dad was telling me I need to get my permit.

11 Likes

I was at a school trip (FBLA nationals) in Chicago last week, and that was terrifying but I also felt to grown up and not like a kid anymore.
(I’m almost 16 and from the west btw. I was more than a thousand miles away from home)

8 Likes

I need mine too! I for the LONGEST time told myself I would never drive, but now I really want to learn. I’m so grateful I live in a small town (I’m from Phoenix, AZ so it is a little less scary to navigate here than where I’m from)

8 Likes

I was probably 11.

7 Likes

Probably for me when I started thinking “oh my gosh I can start working now!?!” when it was around my birthday and the earliest age you could start at!

7 Likes

Oh yeahhhh. That too. I’m seeing some of my classmates (who are 16) working and I’m just like dang some of us can actually work now?!

7 Likes

I still can’t even work at the pet store yet they start hiring at 16 :frowning: I cried because we already have a cat and couldn’t get the cutest cat from our local store

7 Likes

I was about 14 maybe earlier everything just changed. More responsibility and at first it felt like a lot on my plate.

9 Likes

Just right now, when I read your post.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Dang my bad dawg

5 Likes

Tbh I don’t remember. But now, searching for a university, and deciding my career… I feel like my teenage era is coming to an end. I don’t really remember feeling like I stopped being a child in an abrupt way, but damn, entering adult life is way harder than becoming a teenager was.

5 Likes

Haha yeah

3 Likes

When I got a letter from the government asking me if I had some taxes to paid :joy: (probably at 22yo :rofl:)

4 Likes