Tip for the day

When working on a larger project, keep your project clean, untangled and portable!
Fold the majority of your item and place it in a bag with flexible handles, with the section you are working on sticking out if the top, then tie the handles. You can then use a second bag to hold your bundle and yarn when not working.

13 Likes

Thats ingenious!

2 Likes

Im going to use this thank you I’m working on a large c2c blanket and keep getting in a mess

3 Likes

That’s a fabulous idea!!

Maybe we could start a Tips on Tuesday and anyone can share their tips!

7 Likes

I kind of do the same. But I use a big plastic tub for the big projects and a little plastic tub for the littler ones. Road trips get my duffle bag or laptop bag depending on how small they are.

20210102_231839-1_medium2

5 Likes

I don’t put my yarn in it, just the actual project. Like right now I’m doing a top down seamless sweater… That goes round and round and round and round… I’m on the very last part which is the cuff of the second sleeve. My sweater is tied up in a bag so that I can flip it over and over and over without it flopping around and getting dirty or twisted or in the way.

4 Likes

While doing my c2c, I leave the yarn bobbins in the tub, along with the bottom edge of the blanket. Then, I can turn the whole tub, instead of mixing up all the yarns. So, kinda the same.

4 Likes

I’d like to see a picture of that.

1 Like

A picture of what, love?

2 Likes

The tub that Marilyn is referring to.

2 Likes

Oh, I think it’s in her reply, under the blanket.
You can drill holes in it and dispense yarn from it

2 Likes

I see it now. Should have scrolled up some more.

2 Likes

This is the custom yarn bobbin we created. It will fit in the tub, with the blanket when not in use.

20210131_223403_medium2

6 Likes

Oh cool!

2 Likes

Oh Marilyn I like your bobbin tool. I’m still new to c2c and self taught to crochet. I am proud to know all of you wonderful artists who share amazing tips

3 Likes

That’s an amazing idea! I’m going to have to remember that for my next big project!

3 Likes