Tips for Beginner Crocheters

I have a note book where I keep all my swatches for pattern ideas complete with notes on hook size, stitch & row counts, details on the design idea and more. Comes in useful

3 Likes

Something I struggled a LOT with as a beginner was tension. Either my stitches were too tight or too loose! But really, all you have to do to get even tension is practice, practice, practice with scrap yarn! Hope this helps a beginner out there!

1 Like

One advice who’s not mentioned here : FREE PATTERNS aren’t sometimes your best friend.

I know it’s pretty tempting to learn crochet through free patterns only but books you’ll pay is filled with advices, clear tutos and improving techniques.

Excepted some creators who shares advanced patterns, most of free patterns you can find are no sew, very easy to make. But, if you go to easy thing everytime you can’t improve your skills.
Also, free patterns can be filled with mistakes. The risk of that is limited in books. (Even if the one I got to start with was filled with English sentences meanwhile it was a French magazine :roll_eyes:)

2 Likes