tips for designing / making flawless amigurumi *:・゚✧*:・゚

Recently, I’ve been doing a lot of research on perfecting my plushies. Of course, your amigurumi will never be perfect, but we can always use some advice. So if you want to improve your plushies, you’re in the right place!

the perfect ball of any size (designers or very beginner crocheters)
To create a perfect sphere for your amigurumi, there are a few steps you should follow. Firstly, keep in mind that the size of your amigurumi will vary depending on the yarn and hook you use, so decide on the maximum number of stitches for your creation before you start crocheting. To begin, form a magic circle or ring of 6 and then commence with the increases, ensuring that the space between them widens with each round. You can stop increasing when you are satisfied with the diameter. To create the body of the sphere, add 1 to the number of rounds preceding the single crochet rows. For instance, if your last round was round 4, crochet 5 rows of single crochets. Once you have completed the body, it’s time to start the decreases, which are essentially the reverse of the increases. In other words, the space between the decreases should lessen with each round.

shaping your amigurumi (beginner crocheters)
When it comes to my plushies, I prefer them to have the ability to stand on their own. To achieve this, you can utilize any excess yarn by threading it through the top of the plushie and pulling tightly until a small dent is formed at the bottom.

fixing holes (beginner crocheters)
If you haven’t started counting your stitches each round yet, it’s not too late to begin. However, if you have holes in your project, you can use any leftover yarn to stitch them up. If you find that these holes are occurring repeatedly, consider using a smaller size in your next project. Additionally, make sure you are using single crochets (sc) for the body of your project.

18 Likes

This is such a nice post. Thanks for the suggestions

5 Likes