Tired hands šŸ˜…

I mostly crochet with 1-3 size hooks so itā€™s totally relatableā€¦ when itā€™s extra large yarn, hands can get sore, too, but kinda differently

5 Likes

I find your hands definitely get stronger as time goes on so it isnt AS bad, but still breaks are 100% needed. But youā€™re right, it is a different kind of sore with chunky yarn! Doesnā€™t burn so badly.

5 Likes

Yes!! I use wooden crochet hooks and it makes a BIG difference compared to the plastic ones, it does cost a bit more, and if your buying in bulk I would definitely recommend buying the cheaper ones. If your like me (I like to use chunky yarn) then you should pick out one that you use often, for example I use my 5mm SOOOOOO much so I invested in a wooden one and it makes all the difference right now Iā€™m working on making my whole set wooden. A thicker hook should help with the hand cramps and donā€™t forget to rest every once and awhile!!

6 Likes

ugh I feel you :sob: I get so frustrated when my hands let me down esp when Iā€™m preparing for a market! Sometimes taking a break and stretching helps, or letting it rest till the next day :face_exhaling: but I think iā€™ve seen some hand compression gloves on amazon! if anyone has tried them, let us know if they help!!

5 Likes

Thank you! I have very simple plastic hooks as they are cheaper. Will definitely try some wooden ones! Also heard bamboo hooks are pretty good

4 Likes

Thank you for advice! Havenā€™t seen anyone using gloves so Iā€™m curious to try

4 Likes

I tried the hand compression gloves. I found that they only help my wrist.

4 Likes