Too much scrap yarn!! Need ideas!!!

I started running out of space to put my yarn and have too much scrap yarn. Literally a draw full of just unlabeled yarn different sized yarn. I need ideas on what to make and/or what to do with it. I know I can make a scrap ball of yarn but idk how much of each color to add or how to start it. I would really appreciate the feedback.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

8 Likes

I have the same dilemma, only I have plastic bins full! I saw this idea online the other day and thought it was a good idea. I’ve been working feverishly on xmas gifts but it’s on my to do list…

9 Likes

I’ve seen people make scrap yarn blankets! You start with one color and just keep going until it ends - then tie the next piece on and continue. It may look odd or funny, but they work great for donating to pet shelters! Doing just a basic double crochet (or basic stitch in knitting etc) across also makes it a super quick project.

6 Likes

Oh my goodness, that’s sort of what I’m doing right now! I’m crocheting one big granny square out of little balls of scrap yarn-small enough to fit in my purse without crowding everything else! :blush: :wink:

4 Likes

Is that made out of all scrap yarn? Or is it a crocheted basket FOR scrap yarn? :smiley: It’s so pretty! If it is made out of scrap yarn you can’t tell :blush:

3 Likes

The Crazy Sock Lady takes her scrap yarn and puts her scraps together with a magic knot, you can find it on youtube, and then she winds it up as she adds the yarn into a big ball to knit scrappy blankets, socks or other things. the magic knot is secure and doesn’t show.

6 Likes

Can you use different yarn textures?

4 Likes

Yup! Whatever you like! If it’s for an animal like a cat they often like having different textures mixed in. Gives them different stimulation!

4 Likes