Tracking Blanket Ideas

Each square is one day. The final blanket will be 14x26 squares, with the border being the 365th day. I am using DK weight yarn to keep the size manageable.

I chose three health habits I wanted to track and assigned them a color (pink, green, white). And I have three shades of gray that represent not doing each of the habits. I really love how random this blanket is! I also love that despite my day-to-day (and sometimes week-to-week) imperfections in tracking some of these habits, the overall consistency in sticking with these habits has produced great results!

15 Likes

I LOVE LOVE it!! And it seems your idea ran close to mine, I didn’t think about the 3 shades of grey for not doing each habit, and that definitely makes it better than the single color like I had thought of… I also love that you didn’t use the same placement in each square for the habit (ie: habit a in center, habit b next, habit c outside)…
Thank you so much for sharing!
Also I love that you have a beautiful blanket to show your journey and that your journey has been a positive overall! Kudos to you on both fronts!

(ETA: Holy overuse of “Also” Batman! :woman_facepalming:t3::rofl:)

11 Likes

Wow! Lots of cool ideas here! I love the books and health habits ideas. This makes me want to do one but not sure I have the time to do one along with everything else :rofl::joy::rofl: I always have too many things going at once :joy::joy::rofl:

11 Likes

That is almost a divine idea!!

9 Likes

Thank you so much for this idea. I’m a huge reader and this sounds like a super cool idea!!!

9 Likes

I’d love to see if you make one :grin:

10 Likes

I love reading
Please share if you make one :grin:

8 Likes

I think this is a perfect alternative to a tempiture blanket! As a huge reader myself I will definitely be doing this!

10 Likes

Nice! I’d love to see your progress

7 Likes

I love this! This actually sounds like a good idea tbh :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks, me too! Some day when I have more time and less prior promised projects, I would love to do this…

8 Likes

This is a nice idea (as somebody who lives in a place where its summer almost all year long lol)
@anon5108995 and @anoswaldoddity you guys crack me up :rofl: :rofl:
Also, @knottedupinstring thats a beautiful blanket!

7 Likes

I agree, it would be great for those with smaller temperature ranges, although I have seen altered scales for those too… Personally I feel the reading one is more personal though :grin:

5 Likes

Oh, I love that idea!!

7 Likes

@anon5108995 STARTED IT!

Not Me No GIF by SWR3

5 Likes

This is coming along beautifully!!!

6 Likes

Oh My Gasp GIF by Originals

6 Likes

Ha Ha Lol GIF by Digital Pratik

5 Likes