Travel Project Suggestions

I have an upcoming trip soon, does anyone have project suggestions for travelling on an airplane? I’m thinking something that will be small enough to entertain me but not a project that will be finished in the first hour.

11 Likes

I don’t like short projects but you can try frogs and bees or chunky beanies.
I usually bring projects like Amigurumi Treasures or Friends of Pica Pau!

3 Likes

Im going away next week too and have never taken a project on a plane.
What am I allowed to carry?

Thank you for you help in advance xx

4 Likes

Basically everything! You can bring a crochet hook, scissors with a blade smaller than 4", and darning needles from my personal experience :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I like making dishcloth sets.

4 Likes

I took a trip last month and I worked on beanies on the plane. I brought the stuff to make other things of course :slightly_smiling_face: but the beanie was enough.

3 Likes

I was able to bring a regular carry on bag and a bag small enough to stuff under the seat in front of me.

3 Likes

Knit or crochet?

I find something using smaller yarn takes less space, but more time… So socks, shawls, even tops if using sock/fingering weight yarn

5 Likes

Crochet project

2 Likes

Hmm, I personally really like to crochet hexagon cardigans when I travel. They’re pretty simple and you can make a cropped one to wear and add more onto the length later if you want. Another fun project that is pretty straight forward are granny squares for blankets/bags etc. The only down fall to that is finishing off and making more. So storage wise it might not be the bessst idea lol but it would be a fun no brainer.

4 Likes

What do you usually prefer to make? Amigurumi, garmets, etc?

2 Likes

I’ve never made a garment. I want to but not brave enough.
I like blankets and amigurumi

3 Likes

I’ve mostly focused on making amigurumi and hats.

I have a few garment patterns waiting to be looked at and potentially made. What do you think of shawls?? or a poncho?

4 Likes

That could be good on a plane since they seem to take a while to make and won’t finish fast @Mentaldee making a blanket could probably be done a plane although you’ll have to make sure it doesn’t take up too much space lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Why don’t you bring 3-4 small balls of the yarns you like to make Amigurumi with and scroll through Ribblr for the small toys?

3 Likes

My dilemma is over I’ve been asked for lots of worry worms, owls on a branch and coasters.
Going to try to find some multi colour wool and work my way thrkugh the list

Thank you everyone for your suggestions

4 Likes

The last time I traveled I made a scarf! I usually find them super boring to make, but because of the repetitiveness it made it easy to pick it up and put it down when having to board, switch flights, etc.

4 Likes

Good idea, just something to do without a whole lot of counting to concentrate on.

2 Likes

My favourite thing to take when going away are things that don’t need a pattern! Something that is quite repetitive! Otherwise I would find it boring to make but because I haven’t any other option I will make it​:joy:
Cardigans are quite fun to do because i HATE taking loads of different colours with me​:woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes