Trekkie pattern testers

Hello. I am in need of a few knitters for testing some free truly geeky patterns I am designing.

If you can knit in the round, and purl and read a chart - you can easily do these patterns.

As a special treat - you get to choose your favourite Star Trek phrase - and I will turn that into the pattern you will test.

You will need to have 3mm needles on circular 60 - 80 cm.
1 ball/ skein of 200 - 400 yard sock weight yarn

Depending on your chosen phrase - you will either make a cowl or a double thickness scarf.

Let me know what you think - any questions: eck.querky.designs@gmail.com

16 Likes

Iā€™m still not confident enough with my knitting skills to test patterns (I never even knitted in the roundā€¦) but Iā€™m really excited to see this design when itā€™s ready! (As a trekkie :wink: )

4 Likes

Hello,

It is a very very simple pattern - all you need to be able to do is knit and purl.

But the pattern also works for crochetting - in 2 colours.

All I need from you is your favourite Star Trek phrase/ saying. And your email address.

Many thanks
Emily

3 Likes

This test is still open - I have 3 knitting patterns available - 2 cowls and one pair of socks

3 Likes

Unfortunately Iā€™m dealing with a bit if carpal tunnel pain at the moment, and I think itā€™s better to let my hand rest and heal a bitā€¦ :pensive:
But I canā€™t wait to see the finished pattern and add it to my wishlist!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear that - take care of your precious hands.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

This test is still open - I have 2 knitted cowl patterns that need testing.

2 Likes

@thebobshavelanded do you still need someone to test knit? I will be off work shortly recovering from minor surgery so could complete one. What is the time frame?

2 Likes

Yes please, I have 2 knitted cowls and one crocheted scarf that need testing.

The knitted cowls are ā€˜Make it Soā€™ and ā€˜Tea. Earl Grey. Hotā€™ (bit of a Capt Picard theme)
both of these are approx 100-120 rows - as knit and purl rows. Cowls are made in the round.

The crocheted scarf is a 2 colour - Live Long and Prosper (approx 300 rows)

Let me know which you would like to test and your email address. There is no real deadline - but within 3 months would be good.

Many thanks
Emily

2 Likes

If you happen to need any testers in the future for crochet Star Trek patterns I am your girl!! Iā€™m a super treky. I even have a collection of Star Trek yarns waiting for the perfect use. Canā€™t wait to see your patterns though!

2 Likes

I always need testers! There are so many fabulous phrases to do.

i have a quick project and a longer one - the quickie is ā€˜Make it Soā€™, the long one is ā€˜Today is a good day to dieā€™

Both would be done in 4ply/ sock weight yarn, and you would have a main solid colour and a contrasting colour.

I have no idea how much yardage each would use - which is why I need testers.

Let me know which you would like and I can ā€˜giftā€™ you the pattern on here for testing.

Many thanks
emily

4 Likes

:vulcan_salute: Iā€™d love to test knit something trekkie. I have a small stash of my good sock yarn left so can definitely do thatā€¦ shout if you every do something DK - Aran though, I have a ton. For now, today is a good day to die. Will PM you my email address.

2 Likes

Jackie,

For knitting patterns they need to be short phrases, crochet for longer ones. ā€œMake it Soā€ is available for knitting as a cowl.

I could do ā€œToday is a Good Day to dieā€ as a golf club cosy or something as long, but not as a cowl. If you have acrylic DK - then it could be a draught excluder. Just a long tube, but too long for socks.

Let me know what you think.
Many thanks

2 Likes

Kicking myself for not sticking with knitting!

2 Likes

If you still need someone to test the tea quote, Iā€™d like to try :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello,

Iā€™ve finished the test for the Tea quote and the pattern is published - if you would like to test
ā€˜Highly Illogicalā€™ or ā€˜Fascinatingā€™ or ā€˜Make it Soā€™ - let me know and I will gift the pattern to you with instructions.

I also have a ā€˜personal spaceā€™ where we can keep in touch.
Many thanks
Emily

3 Likes

Hello,

I have other crochet patterns available for testing and ones that I have published - let me know if you are interested.
Many thanks
Emily

2 Likes

ā€œFascinatingā€ would be great, thatā€™s my momā€™s ringtone for my dad =)

2 Likes

I have ā€˜giftedā€™ you the pattern.

Please can you show me which 2 colours you plan to use, andā€¦

• tell me how much yardage you use of each colour
  • what tension you have
  • is the pattern long enough for a cowl - or should I double up the rows?
  • take plenty of photos for use on the pattern front page

Timescales are not important - if you could complete this within 3 months that would be great.
Please keep me up to date with your progress (I tend to forget who is doing what!)

Many thanks
emily

2 Likes