Universal Yarn Uptown Review

This yarn is not loose, does not split, has nice bounce, I enjoy crocheting with it, excellent quality for anti-pilling acrylic.
Too bad it’s being phased out. I would love a company that provided a wide range of colors and textures in an anti-pilling yarn that could be my go to for the next 30 years.
Instead we are stuck with crappy Paintbox yarn (like > 50 colors) and it’s not even anti-pilling. When a sale does go on for Paintbox, Lovecrafts is always out of stock. The other options are Sirdar, Stylecraft, and Scheepjes for color range ( That I know of).
The colors are bright, and yes, this yarn is soft, softer than Red Heart premium, than Lion Brand Basic Stitch, and Premier anti-pilling Bobbin.
I use 2 strands as I mostly Ike to work with worsted weight/#4 yarn.

Right now at Premier Yarn’s website
One skein sells for 1.99 for 361 yards- a MAJOR deal!! That is 5 cents a yard!!! :eyes:

13 Likes

That’s a nice sale :open_mouth: thanks, also the yarn reviews are great

8 Likes

You can share something, anything about a yarn you used.
Need some activity for #yarn-review so we all can enjoy going to one space to look at all the yarn reviews instead of a hash tag.

Come on Kim!

6 Likes

I’ll put something soon if I don’t forget

5 Likes

It’s being phased out?! Shoot it’s my go-to when I get commissions for kids garments. Especially things like sweaters that get a tonne of wear. I may have to stock up during that sale :thinking:

6 Likes

I’m a holding you to it!

5 Likes

I don’t see why else it’s on the clearance page. And I don’t see this line on Universals website,

6 Likes

That’s disappointing :frowning:

6 Likes