Lol!

6 Likes

That’s a good one lol :joy::framed_picture::paintbrush::articulated_lorry:

5 Likes

Love it :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh yeah! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

Meme is fun and cool art but damn I really can’t stand it when people pronounce his name similar to van go oof

Idk is just very cringy to hear but I guess the actual pronunciation would be too difficult :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Love love LOVE that Van Go all decorated with Van Goff! :joy::rofl::stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, so sorry! I bet no one thought of it at all. I didn’t.

2 Likes

I studied art history with teachers who speak only french :rofl: their pronunciation of some artists’ names was… interesting

4 Likes

Is okay no worries

3 Likes

My family and I watch a lot of BBC shows and movies and have a lot of fun with the language!!

5 Likes

Yeah, I know. It’s hard to get pronunciation across via text.

4 Likes

Yeahh but at least there are some video’s with pronunciations and such, but I feel like it’s more an issue with how it’s taught in this case https://youtu.be/726IxkLsByI

Makes sense though because Dutch sounds can be a little difficult when you’re not used to it, but just ignoring the last 2 letters ooff could have tried something a little more similar

I mean even Amsterdam is pronounced differently in English compared to Dutch but more subtle change, and like city names are obviously different from names of people since the get translated often, but you don’t often translate a person’s name if that makes sense?

Oohh that actually reminds me, in this case it might even be closer to saying van gof (like similar to golf but without L), the van is close enough

Like the G could be difficult

2 Likes

Yes, definitely! Even here around the States. My dad was raised in the mid-west and pronounces Washington as Warshington. Or warshing machine. He says Mizz-ur-a instead of Miss-ur-y for Missouri. There are all sorts of things pronounced different from all quarters of the USA. A melting pot is very true!

3 Likes