Verse of the day! Pt. 7

Hey guys! Time for the verse(s) of the day 🩵:blue_heart::purple_heart:

There’s been some stuff going on in the community that has been very disheartening and I know with me and my friend group it has been taking a toll on their mental health so here is our verse(s) for today!!

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified or dismayed (intimidated), for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.””
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬ ‭AMP‬‬

“Peace I leave with you; My [perfect] peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. [Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge.]”
‭‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭27‬ ‭AMP‬‬

“Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, But a good (encouraging) word makes it glad.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12‬:‭25‬ ‭AMP‬‬

Song I wanted to share: Peace be still by Hope Darst

I love you guys so much and God loves you even more than I ever could!! Have an amazing day/night/afternoon/morning!! :blush:

~Cozy 🩵

9 Likes

Sorry y’all are experiencing some of the nasty
I, too, ran to Jesus when several were causing major problems with me… (Some may have noticed I’ve been a little bit more absent over the last few weeks, and for weeks at a time other times)…
This weekend, I shared a devotion, that was shared with me many years ago, to my church stitches group that really helps ground me
On a mirror were words that described each person. Granted the words were all nice descriptions. So the devotion is that no matter how you see yourself, no matter what words you use to describe yourself (and let’s face it, usually our own words aren’t nice and can be meaner than the words thought/ said by others), the only word that matters was the one at the bottom of the mirror which said “Daughter” (both times it was an all women group, so Daughter was all that was needed, but Son is true for the guys too!)
I am the Daughter of the true King! Nothing anyone says about me is more true than that, so someone can call me whatever they want because God calls me His!!

4 Likes

Love this!! :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I’ve also learned in my years that turning the other cheek can be liberating or more harmful, so the saying of “hurt me once, shame on you; hurt me twice, shame on me” comes into play. I will turn the other cheek once, but if it continues I will cut you out of my life for my own health

3 Likes

Yeah! I think there’s an NF song about that :upside_down_face:

2 Likes